Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace space, that is not in html tags <> with new line using sed Post 302218945 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 27th of July 2008 05:56:01 PM
Old 07-27-2008
Franklin - that will split <we try> into
Code:
<we 
try>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnu sed replace space with new line

please help in making sed singleline command i need to insert dos new line (CR LF) before " 34 matching device(s) found on \\cpu1." " 6 matching device(s) found on \\cpu7." " 102 matching device(s) found on \\mainserver." the problem is that sometimes there are both CR LF before strings and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xserg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace new line ( \n ) with space or Tab in Sed

Hi, how to replace new line with tab in sed ... i used sed -e 's/\n/\t/g' <filename > but its not working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : replace space and end-of-line

Hi ! I'm rather new with sed ... learned a lot already by googling etc ... The following script should replace all spaces and ends-of-lines with "something (see below). #!/bin/bash i=0 while read line do fam="H`printf "%06d" $i`" echo $line | sed -e 's//\t'$fam'\n/g' i=$(($i+1))... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jossojjos
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed I want to replace space by newline

Input: -------------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ------------------------- output wanted: --------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ---------------------- I want this by sed in simple way please help (I know by: tr ' ' '\n' < inputfile )I want it by sed only (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace space with the help of sed

Hi, i have below string - mynameis arpit i want output like below - mynameis\ arpit that i am getting from below - temp='mynameis arpit' echo $temp|sed 's//\\ /g' --> mynameis\ arpit now i am doing - (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thearpit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace html line into a command line?

hi! i'm trying to use sed for this, but i'm struggling a lot. i want to convert <div class="middle" id="middle">Friday, 20 April 2012<br /> <span class="hex">728CB5</span> <br /></div> into fbsetroot -solid '#728CB5' considering all information between 'id="middle">' and '<br />... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrofurano
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - insert space at the beginning of line and multi replace command

hi I am trying to use SED to replace the line matching a pattern using the command sed 'pattern c\ new line ' <file1 >file 2 I got two questions 1. how do I insert a blank space at the beginning of new line? 2. how do I use this command to execute multiple command using the -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed- Replace space in filename by a \

`echo $file | sed 's/ / /g'` Hey guys I want help in converting the spaces in my file names to '\ ' . Example: UK maps --> UK\ maps Could someone please help me. I have tried the following sequences already (none of them work): 1)s/ /\ /g 2)s/ /\\ /g 3)s/ /\\\ /g Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: INNSAV1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace HTML tags using sed regex

I need all the end tags of </font> to be replaced with new line yet enclosing tag to be retained </font>. Please help me in this regard. Input: <font>abc</font>def<font>ghi</font> Output: <font>abc</font> def <font>ghi</font> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Badhrish
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space with !@ using sed

Hello I have a requirement where I need to replace space :61 with !@ :61 Source :60F:123 :61:151 :61:151 :61:15101 Target :60F:123 :61:151!@:61:151!@:61:15101 I cant use and command as I don't want the tab to be converted . commands not working : sed 's/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamijia83
5 Replies
KUIPC(1)						      General Commands Manual							  KUIPC(1)

NAME
kuipc - the CERN KUIP compiler SYNOPSIS
kuipc [ options ] [ inputfile [ outputfile ] ] DESCRIPTION
kuipc, the Kit for a User Interface Package Compiler, is a tool to simplify the writing of a program's user interface code. It takes as input a Command Definition File (CDF) that describes the commands to be understood by the program, and outputs C or FORTRAN code that makes the appropriate function calls to set up the user interface. This code can then be compiled and linked with the rest of the program. Since the generated code uses KUIP routines, the program must also be linked against the Packlib library that contains them. If no output file is specified, kuipc will output generated code to a file whose name is the same as the input file's, with the ending '.cdf' replaced by '.f' or '.c' as appropriate. If neither input nor output file are given, kuipc will prompt for them. Be careful because kuipc overwrites existing files with no warning. OPTIONS
-c Generate C code. -f Generate FORTRAN code (the default). -split Output several files, one for each time the >Name control line is used in the CDF input. The names of the output files will corre- spond to the arguments given on the >Name control lines. SEE ALSO
The KUIP manual: http://wwwasdoc.web.cern.ch/wwwasdoc/psdir/kuip.ps.gz BUGS
When the -split option is used, kuipc will still create an output file that it would have made if -split was not used; the file will be of zero size. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Kevin McCarty <kmccarty@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). April 2, 2004 KUIPC(1)