Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I need a Unix OS similar to HP-UX Post 302218819 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 27th of July 2008 03:14:58 AM
Old 07-27-2008
try linux or solaris... maybe a BSD derivat... there are a lot of download links inside the forum. just try the "search" function.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Would need a friend on the net, someone who knows a lot of UNIX or similar...

Hi! I'm fully aware of that this is not a chat forum, at least it's not what it's intended to be, but i do not find any better way of dealing with my problem... I'm using, well at least right now, a text based webbrowser, the LYNX actually, for the first time, works pretty well... Would like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeus
0 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Similar Threads - a new vB3 feature for UNIX.COM

Note the new feature on UNIX.COM, many thread at the bottom of the page have a new feature: Similiar Threads Here is an example on one of Perderabo's posts: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=16337 Kudos to the vB folks for this built-in feature!! Neo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Programming

Similar functions in unix

Hi, I am windows programer. I have very basic knowledge of Unix OS. I have written an application in Windows which consists of Win32 API namely WideCharToMultiByte(..) and MultiByteToWideChar(..). I am interested to deploy my application in unix platform henceforth I need to know IS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dayakarr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting similar lines from file UNIX

I have a file which contains data as below: nbk1j7o pageName=/jsp/RMBS/RMBSHome.jsf nbk1j7o pageName=/jsp/RMBS/RMBSHome.jsf nbk1j7o pageName=/jsp/RMBS/RMBSHome.jsf nbk1j7o pageName=/jsp/RMBS/RMBSHome.jsf nbk1j7o pageName=/jsp/common/index.jsf nbk1j7o pageName=/jsp/common/index.jsf nbk1wqe... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in unix script to join similar lines of input

Hi, I have been thinking of how to script this but i have no clue at all.. Could someone please help me out or give me some idea on this? I would like to group those lines with the same first variable in each line, joining the 2nd variables with commas. Let's say i have the following input. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rei125
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files in UNIX and create a new file similar to equi join

I have 2 files namely branch.txt file & RXD.txt file as below Ex:Branch.txt ========================= B1,Branchname1,city,country B2,Branchname2,city,country B3,Branchname3,city,country B4,Branchname4,city,country B5,Branchname5,city,country RXD file : will... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: satece
11 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Similar Threads Redesign for UNIX.com

Hello. I have redesigned our "similar threads" for a more "clean style" in both the desktop view and the mobile view for the forum "show thread". The new design is a simple straight-forward use of div elements and all the legacy table elements have been removed. The result is a "clean"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?