Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to shift/move DNS server ? Post 302218785 by ynilesh on Saturday 26th of July 2008 03:09:30 PM
Old 07-26-2008
How to shift/move DNS server ?

Its just a question arised in my mind.
Suppose I have few DNS servers hosted in US and want to shift them to India or somewhere. I mean can we just clone same servers here and start them ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS on DG-UX server

I'm trying to configure a DG-UX server to be a DNS client (connecting to a Novell DNS server). I've configured /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the settings for the DNS server, but I don't know what else to do to get the server to resolve DNS names. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS Server help

Hi, I would like to create an internal webpage for my company that would only be viewable when connected to the VPN or internal network. I want a webpage like newsite.company.com. Is there a way to do this. We obviously already have www.company.com, but how would I go about creating the newsite.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to shift or move my thread/query from one forum to other?

I am not getting reply of my post :Switching between Linux and Windows OS in Linux forum. How to move the thread to a different forum like: "Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Dns Server ?

Hi if i want to proper internet dns server that i can save it all report in it that support arpa and failover imean ine one dns give many ip and have a server web panel for every one that want used to it is it impossible ? what service can i used it ? something for this character it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
4 Replies

9. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
ldns-notify(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ldns-notify(1)

NAME
ldns-notify - notify DNS servers that updates are available SYNOPSIS
ldns-notify [options] -z zone servers DESCRIPTION
ldns-notify sends a NOTIFY message to DNS servers. This tells them that an updated zone is available at the master servers. It can perform TSIG signatures and it can add a SOA serial number of the updated zone. If a server already has that serial number it will disregard the message. OPTIONS
-z zone The zone that is updated. -h Show usage and exit -v Show the version and exit -s serial Append a SOA record indicating the serial number of the updated zone. -p port Use port as destination port (default the DNS port 53) for the UDP packets. -y key:data Use the given TSIG key and base64-data to sign the NOTIFY. Uses the hmac-md5 algorithm. -d Print verbose debug information. The query that is sent and the query that is received. -r num Specify the maximum number of retries before notify gives up trying to send the UDP packet. EXIT CODE
The program exits with a 0 exit code if all servers replied an acknowledgement to the notify message, and a failure exit code otherwise. AUTHOR
Written by the ldns team as an example for ldns usage. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 NLnet Labs. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. 9 Jan 2007 ldns-notify(1)