Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Query regarding portable script Post 302218730 by dhiraj4mann on Saturday 26th of July 2008 07:37:59 AM
Old 07-26-2008
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply. Even i agree sourcing in can be good solution.
As I am not expert in scripting so request you to elaborate on how i can source a file in my main script.

-Dhiraj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script query

Hi, I am stuck assigning a value to a variable. I am trying to assign a value to a variable but getting error.... IP_ADDR=grep 'I.P. Address' /install/cfgdist/`uname -n`.cfg | cut -d : -f 2| cut -d . -f 1-3| sed s/" "//g I am using this script to grep first three octets of an IP address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Expect Script - if/else query

Hi, I am trying to write an expect script that contains an if/else statement based on a result ... but I'm having a bit of trouble. The code below shows my script - it all works fine but when I include the second expect function it ignores it and moves on ... can anyone help with this ...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spikey
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script query

hi all i have a shell script for connecting in sybase env what i need is i have around 10 servers , i need to connect to all servers and retrive the database inforamtion in the servers and display them any one of u have it request to share it asap ! "QUERY TO Connect to all servers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvsramarao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script query

Hi Admins, count=`ps -ef | grep LIST_8i | grep -v grep|wc -l` pid=`ps -ef|grep LIST_8i|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'` if then lsnrctl stop LIST_8i >> ${log} sleep 5 lsnrctl start LIST_8i >> ${log} else echo " " lsnrctl start LIST_8i >> ${log} fi 2>&1 The script restarts... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable Shell Script - Determine Which Version of Binary is Installed?

I currently have a shell script that utilizes the "Date" binary - this application is slightly different on OS X (BSD General Commmand) and Linux systems (gnu date). In particular, the version on OS X requires the following to get a date 14 days in the future "date -v+14d -u +%Y-%m-%d" where gnu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colinjohnson
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argument to the script query

Hi, I have a script invest.sh which takes two inputs i.e the name of the properties file and the file permissions for eg: ./invest.sh app12.properties 664Now i wish to give a folder path /opt/app/properties instead of the properties file and the invest.sh script should lookout for all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable shell script advise

All, I have a need for a portable shell script for LInux and HPUX. The script has a simple need; Check for local files of a specific name (i.e. filename*), scp them to another system, and archive them to a folder. The script runs via cron. I first wrote the script in Linux (bash with gnu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tip: template for a safe and portable script

In an attempt to finally end this article I start this new thread. Here is a template for a safe and portable script. #!/bin/bash # /bin/bash exists on most still supported Unixes # # tr and date behave better with if ; then export LC_ALL=C; else export LANG=C; fi # # Unix optional packages... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
2 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)