Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Connecting to website
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting to website Post 302218688 by cbkihong on Saturday 26th of July 2008 12:06:55 AM
Old 07-26-2008
That is because wget simply downloads the .swf but not being able to play it. If the flash movie is not executed, nothing will happen. So, what you need is to play the movie from the command line.

I don't think you can use the Adobe flash player for this. On Linux, there is an open source version of the Flash player with command line-based control of playback. Even though I don't truly think it works well for you, there's no loss giving it a try.

Gnash Project |

Let us know how it goes.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

website

HELLO FELLOW GEEKS. PLZ CHECK OUT MY FRIENDS SITE AT http://isunshine.dhs.org or u can also join the message board at http://isunshine.dhs.org/scripts/ikonboard.cgi wixifer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wixifer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Website

Hey guys I know you probably get this question a lot but, I want to make a website, and I don't have any experience doing this. I have a iMac and i was wondering if there is someone you could refer me to or a site that will show me how to do it. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmecca21
2 Replies

3. Web Development

my website.please. help me.

hello!! well, i am planning to make my own virtual pet site like that of a neopets. unfortunately i don't have any idea on how to do it.. i've tried searching in the net, but the result is really complicated. i don't know where to begin.i have already drawn some that i think would help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ackiemae
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting the source of website

Hi MAy i know how i can get html source of a given site in a file using bash script? I want to store the html source of the site in a file so that i can parse that file. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Help with ht5boilerplate - website.

need a little help with this below MAVEN DAZZ what i need is ?!! a) To make sure, that logo stays on top (left hand side) -fixed in this navigation bar. on the same navigation bar (MENU) should stay on the other right hand side. Can anyone explain me how will this work. i am new to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is this website reliable ?

edit by bakunin: content not relevant for our site (and bordering on spam) SNIPped, thread closed. My suggestion is to - before even considering to buy anything online - put more effort in research, i.e. what the web site you write a comment at, is all about. This one here is definitely not for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ethansk
1 Replies

7. Web Development

Which technology is used on this website?

Hi, Home ~ InfoBeans I want to know technology framework using which we can achieve that kind of look and feel Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
6 Replies
GO-FISH(6)							 BSD Games Manual							GO-FISH(6)

NAME
go-fish -- play ``Go Fish'' SYNOPSIS
go-fish [-p] DESCRIPTION
go-fish is the game ``Go Fish'', a traditional children's card game. The computer deals the player and itself seven cards, and places the rest of the deck face-down (figuratively). The object of the game is to collect ``books'', or all of the members of a single rank. For example, collecting four 2's would give the player a ``book of 2's''. The options are as follows: -p Professional mode. The computer makes a random decision as to who gets to start the game, and then the computer and player take turns asking each other for cards of a specified rank. If the asked player has any cards of the requested rank, they give them up to the asking player. A player must have at least one of the cards of the rank they request in their hand. When a player asks for a rank of which the other player has no cards, the asker is told to ``Go Fish!''. Then, the asker draws a card from the non-dealt cards. If they draw the card they asked for, they con- tinue their turn, asking for more ranks from the other player. Otherwise, the other player gets a turn. When a player completes a book, either by getting cards from the other player or drawing from the deck, they set those cards aside and the rank is no longer in play. The game ends when either player no longer has any cards in their hand. The player with the most books wins. go-fish provides instructions as to what input it accepts. BUGS
The computer cheats only rarely. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD