Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD How to create IP table at Free BSD Post 302218628 by revzalot on Friday 25th of July 2008 06:46:49 PM
Old 07-25-2008
To determine which ports are open on your machine, take a look at nmap which will probe all the open ports on your machine. Good luck.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red hat or free BSD?

This is my first post here, so I thought Id make it good. I am building a webserver that will be up in a month or so, so I am starting now. I was wondering, since I am on the fence here, should I go with Red hat or BSD? I am comfortable with both, I can run apache on either one, but I am wondering... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: advok8
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free Bsd

i am installing FREEBSD and I would like to know which hardware specific network card that works and help with this would be great I am very new to this (UNIX) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BSD_NEWUSER
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free BSD Display Properties?

I'm very new to UNIX and just istalled FreeBSD on my computer. I using the KDE desktop and the resolution is horrible. How do I adjust this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbrouder
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free BSD 5.1 & default gateway

Hello folks, I'm very new to Unix so please bear with me. I have a FreeBSD 5.1 box on IP address 192.168.1.4 and I want to tell it to use my broadband router (192.168.1.1) as it's default gateway. Could someone tell me how to do this? I did search these forums first but could not find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SRP
1 Replies

5. BSD

X-Windows Free BSD

so, i have a video card SIS s315 AGP and i can't cofigure X Free on free BSD to run X window. Anybody can help me solve this problem?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dmitri-br
2 Replies

6. BSD

Free BSD X window

Can anyone help me ? I have installed Free BSD several times and I can't get the X window to work . I have installed the ports Gnome and others but for some reason when I type start x doesn't work. I downloaded the 3 i386 disks but I get to install the first one wich complete the setup and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyhawkfly
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware for UNIX/Free BSD

Hi! I'm planning to start to set up a Webserver. All software has to be freeware. I'm also planning to use Free BSD/UNIX for this project. Apache as Webserversystem and so on... Therefor I would like to have some info about what kind of hardware I need. I'm planning to buy a computer... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kargooliw
9 Replies

8. BSD

installing free BSD

Hello friends. I am new to Unix although i am very flexible to any programming language. i was a window user. Now, no more. I have decided myself to switch to unix. Here is my problem: I burned the free BSD into my new RW CD's. I inserted the bootable manager first then, it was scanning and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonjour2006
5 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

10. BSD

USB mount of Free BSD

Hello all When I insert my USB , its says : umass0 detected . I want to ls files present in the USB. I tried mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt Whats is dev/da0s1 ????? How can I mount it to use it ? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies
CR_SEEOTHERGIDS(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					CR_SEEOTHERGIDS(9)

NAME
cr_seeothergids -- determine visibility of objects given their group memberships SYNOPSIS
int cr_seeothergids(struct ucred *u1, struct ucred *u2); DESCRIPTION
This function determines the visibility of objects in the kernel based on the group IDs in the credentials u1 and u2 associated with them. The visibility of objects is influenced by the sysctl(8) variable security.bsd.see_other_gids. If this variable is non-zero then all objects in the kernel are visible to each other irrespective of their group membership. If this variable is zero then the object with credentials u2 is visible to the object with credentials u1 if either u1 is the super-user credential, or if at least one of u1's group IDs is present in u2's group set. SYSCTL VARIABLES
security.bsd.see_other_gids Must be non-zero if objects with unprivileged credentials are to be able to see each other. RETURN VALUES
This function returns zero if the object with credential u1 can ``see'' the object with credential u2, or ESRCH otherwise. SEE ALSO
cr_seeotheruids(9), p_candebug(9) BSD
November 11, 2003 BSD