Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /export/home question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers /export/home question Post 302218547 by jhtrice on Friday 25th of July 2008 12:43:04 PM
Old 07-25-2008
Normally where users home directories go

It's normally where users home directories go under in Solaris (probably others). It can be a separate file system. Often it is shared via NFS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with /export/home

I'm having a problem with my /export/home directory. A few of my users are getting superblock problems when they try to save files. what's something I can do to fix the problem? I'm running Solaris 7 on an Intel so no Open Boot Prom... any help would be great. thanks.. ,AP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthony
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Relocating directory /export/home to a bigger filesystem

My 2GB /export/home/ directory is almost 100% full df -k | grep /export/home /dev/vx/dsk/rootdg/vl73 2031711 1951009 19751 99% /export/home I intend to relocate it to a different 4GB filesystem late at night when there is no user on the system. How do I go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Msororaji
3 Replies

3. Solaris

need script for locked and unused user accounts in /export/home directory

Hi all, i have to need one script: 1. it will capture the unused user accounts in /export/home directory. 2. it will capture the locked user accounts in /export/home directory. Note: locked accounts will show in /etc/passwd like /bin/false --> (instead of ksh it will show false) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

4. Solaris

automountd [24] : Mount of /export/home problem

Hi Guys, Thanks for taking the time to read the problem i having outlined below: Before i go into the problem can you please tell me what the following means? a. "dt" stands for and what does it means? Configuration Below: 1x Unix Server 2x Unix Terminals (both systems are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
3 Replies

5. Solaris

A query regarding /export/home in Solaris

Friends, I am new to Solaris, but familiar with Linux. Could you throw some light on the need for /export/home directory in Solaris. In Linux, the default home directory for a normal user is /home/<username>. If domain concept is implemented, then the /home directory of server will be mounted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

export variable question

simple question: for example if i use: export http_proxy=proxy:8080 and i have this script: while true; do .... lynx Google ;; wget The UNIX and Linux Forums - Learn UNIX and Linux from Experts ;; ... esac done So i must "export http_proxy=proxy:8080" before any lynx and wget... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspire
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulate text for openldap import/export question.

Hey guys.. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this - but here goes. I need to manipulate an openldap export to match a different schema so that I can import into that system. Basically - its just text manipulation. I have gotten alot of it done just by using simple sed, but I am sorta... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2ambler
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Quotas on /export/home

Hello all, I am trying to set quotas on /export/home filesystem for some of our users on a Solaris Zone I know that you would be redirecting me to some of the documentation pages, but I have already done that. The /export/home on the Zone is a Veritas FS and I cannot see an entry for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
4 Replies

9. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Migrate /export/home from storage path to local

I am newbies in solaris, hope u guys can help me, I need to transfer /export/home directory that currently mount at storage and migrate into local disk. may i know the best way to do it? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deeo
6 Replies
ftprestart(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    ftprestart(1M)

NAME
ftprestart - restart previously shutdown FTP Servers SYNOPSIS
ftprestart [-V] DESCRIPTION
Use the ftprestart command to restart an FTP Server previously shut down by means of ftpshut(1M). The ftprestart command reads the shutdown capability from the ftpaccess(4) file to determine the path of the shutdown message files. It then reenables the FTP Server by removing any shutdown message files in the anonymous and virtual FTP Server area, as well as the system wide shutdown message file. OPTIONS
The ftprestart command supports the following options: -V Display program copyright and version information, then terminate. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample Output from ftprestart The following example shows sample output from the ftprestart command: example% ftprestart ftprestart: /export/home/ftp/etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. ftprestart: /export/home/virtual1/etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. ftprestart: /etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpaccess /etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpshut(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpservers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftprestart(1M)