Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hardening Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Hardening Solaris Post 302218436 by incredible on Friday 25th of July 2008 06:02:33 AM
Old 07-25-2008

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any leads to hardening UNIX

Hi! I am trying to get info/best practices/how-to harden unix, especially solaris! Appreciate any leads please..................... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdharmap
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Hardening Solaris 10

So I've just done my first install of Solaris. I installed it on an x86 system and am now in the processing of figuring out what I need to do to 'harden' it. I've got the Security kit downloaded (jass) but I am not sure what to do with the .tar file. I can't seem to find any easy steps to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flood
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sysctl help needed.(Server Hardening).

As per Hardening guide for the server. ICMP Broadcast Response: The kernel parameter icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts must match to 1 However when i check the value of icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts it thrown an error as unkonwn key. # sysctl icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Hardening - SunJass

Hi guys, Is there any script or program which i can use to verify that my hardening setting is all correct ? Recently i am given a task to make sure my Sun servers are all harden properly though sunjass was already introduced. I need to generate a report to convince my manager that the settings... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahlude
0 Replies

5. SuSE

Hardening Suse11 sp1

Currently we are hardening our Solaris server using the Sun provided Jass Security tool kit. How Can I implement the same security level on SUSE11 SP1? Are there any tools similar/equivalent to Jass for SUSE11 SP1? Tanks and Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vcfko
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSe Linux Hardening

We've got a FTP server that's open to the public network and its running on Suse SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) SP2 Now, since it's an FTP server I can't disable that service, but how else do I harden this server from attacks from outside? I am thinking of disabling the firewall and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Need jass hardening documentation

Hi, Where I could find information about "Jass hardening" for Solaris10? Because, I change the /opt/SUNWjass/Files/etc/syslog.conf file. But yet I don't know if I must restart the jass (and how?) or I must to copy /opt/SUNWjass/Files/etc/syslog.conf to /etc/syslog.conf? Thanks for your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

C-ICAP Hardening

Does anyone have any experience hardening the c-icap.conf file? Here is the default config file, it has a lot of options; sorry about how long it is. I have removed some entries that were not needed as well, but it is still so long :D. Any help is much appreciated as I have never dealt with ICAP. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: savigabi
0 Replies

9. Linux

Password hardening using pam

Hi We have a requirement to vary the minimum password criteria by the group to which a user belongs. For example a standard user should have a password with a minimum length of 12 and containing a mix of characters whereas an administrator should have a password with a minimum length of 14... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gregsih
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Security hardening for standard HP-UX users

Hi, The standard accounts that are created during the HP-UX installation, eg, bin,adm,daemon,uucp,lp,hpdb and nobody have their own shell. Will there be any impact if we change these user's shell to /bin/false? Like processes get interrupted, files cannot be generated, etc. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)