Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Russian UNIX Forums
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Russian UNIX Forums Post 302218258 by besternon on Thursday 24th of July 2008 08:55:07 PM
Old 07-24-2008
Good day to all at Unix Forum

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Russian font in Unix

Hi, I've installed russian font (Cyrillic) in my system. But I could not type in those characters under unix. Especially for mail. Do I have to do any settings? Please advice. Regards, Venu. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrvarier
7 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums. I registered my id but I am unable to post my Questions to Forum. Thanks & Regards, indusri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indusri
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Chess at the UNIX Forums.

Just to let you know, we have installed Chess at the UNIX forums: Chess Club - The UNIX Forums (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple rules of the UNIX.COM forums:

RULES OF THE UNIX AND LINUX FORUMS For the latest version of the community rules (the official community rules page), please visit here. No flames, shouting (all caps), sarcasm, bullying, profanity or arrogant posts. No negative comments about others or impolite remarks. Be patient. No... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums https://youtu.be/WGwgibE4Rq0 Also note: In the video I mentioned removing legacy menu items in the ModCP which are unused. I have already "CSS'ed out" the unused menu items: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
RE(1)							      General Commands Manual							     RE(1)

NAME
re - programm to conver russian texts between different encodings SYNOPSIS
re <infile><outfile><infrmt><outfrmt><f|b|s><u|l|s> DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. re is a program that converts russian texts between encodings. OPTIONS
The easiest way to convert some file into readable form (KOI-8), just type this: re <SourceFile> <DestFile> ? K where : <SourceFile> - unreadable file <DestFile> - resulting file ? - tells RE that source codepage is unknown and RE should analyze the file and determine the source codepage K - tells RE that destination codepage is KOI-8 Note: If you know, what is source codepage, you may use it instead of "?" option. For example, you want to convert letter.txt file which was written in Win you know, that this file is in 1251 codepage: re letter.txt letter2.txt W K Now examine the letter2.txt - you should see russian symbols in KOI-8. Here is the know codepages list and their abbreviatures: W - Windows 1251 "_" - _xxe D - Dos "%" - %hex K - KOI-8 "\" - 'hex L - Latin G - Graph_win I - Iso "<" - <binhex> H - HEX + - +UTF7- S - ShiftKbrd C - C_MIC M - Mac Y - Y_c16 A - AFF Z - Z_c32 O - Odd(UTF8_1) F - F(UTF8_2) B - Base64 P - Pict E - Express N - N_Estl T - T-Html V - V_Vpp855 U - User X - X_sp "-" - uue J - J_diff Other options are: [-v][-E|-R|-N][-e|-s] -v - tells what is processing -n - don't tells what is processing (default) -E - converts all p,H from Russian to English -R - converts all p,H from English to Russian -N - lets all p,H Russian or English as in text (default) -e - converts all symbols 0x80 - 0xFF -s - converts only 64 symbols of Russian Alphabet (default) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 21, 2000 RE(1)