Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem after Install SUN solaris x86 Post 302218030 by jlliagre on Thursday 24th of July 2008 06:37:02 AM
Old 07-24-2008
Thanks for answering but my question was really aimed to the OP.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to install Solaris 9 on X86

HI All, I have three solaris disks: disk 1 & 2 and "image" disk. However, no instructions for installation on x86 came with them. (I downloaded from SUN.) I've searched far and wide on the net trying to find instructions for installing Solaris on my PII 500 mhz intel machine, but have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaredsNew
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install drivers Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to figure out a way to install drivers for a network card. I have a 3C905C-TXM 3Com card that appeared to check out on Solaris's Web Site. I found what I thought was a driver, although that may not be the case, because the instructions asked me to copy-and-paste the contents into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive?

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive? Is there a way to boot from a flash stick or install it through a network? Any help will be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

4. Solaris

x86 Sun Machine and Solaris Soft Mirror

Hi everyone, Normally it always easier in Sparc machine, i can set or manually use the boot-device in NVram to boot the mirrored disk. However I have a big trouble about x86 mirror for a long time. I have been doing anything i can: search document, google, ask the others. Recently i did as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Apache Install error on Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to install apache on a sun server (Solaris 10 x86) but when I execute the compile i have the following error; configure failed for srclib/apr Can anybody help with this. Thanks for the usual help oh-daa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oh-daa
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris Live Media x86 Install

Unix Buddies Burned download to DVD-R. Booted it. It dropped me at a command line. Is it working properly? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris User
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Is it safe to install x86 Solaris 10 U6 after installed-Linux-and-FreeBSD?

I've installed Slack 14.2 on /dev/sda1 (/dev/sda2 is swap) and FreeBSD 12 on /dev/sda3 and lilo is the boot manager. FreeBSD slices are as follows; / on /dev/ada0S3a, swap on /dev/ada0s3e, /var on /dev/ada0s3b, /tmp on /dev/ada0s3d and /usr on /dev/ada0s3f. I hesitate to install Solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::DNS::Question(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.14.2 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3pm)