Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading from a specific line in a loop Post 302218021 by kaushikraman on Thursday 24th of July 2008 05:49:34 AM
Old 07-24-2008
Thanks folks..

I got it...

Check out this:

https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...#post302096581

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading specific line from file

Hi all... I not a expert unix script programmer, Kindly adjust. My requirement is that, i have a file which contains the about 10 lines - say 1 2 3 ... 8 war of the worlds: => text in this line 9 9000,80,78,77,334,445 => this line contains some numbers separted by commas 10 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool_boss2121
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop not reading last line

hi all, i have a while loop which i am using to read lines into an array: k=0 exec 10<file while read LINE <&10; do ARRAY=$LINE ((k++)) done exec 10>&- echo ${ARRAY} for some reason when i display the array it is not showing the last row in the file. any help appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a specific line in a text file

hello, I have got the following problem that I am hoping someone can help with please. 1. I have got the following text file (below) , the columns data are 'Test Day', 'Board', 'Betting Number'. TEXT FILE ============================================ 1 3 02-01-27-28-29-30 0 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a specific line in a text file

Hello, I have a problem which is giving me headache for days, can some please help. Please see code and text fiel below. Please see text in red for the problem I am facing # Program gets an input x from user while read line ; do echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a specific line in a file while reading sequentially

All, I know this is a very naive question but I could not find a way to get this working! I have a file with values like input.file Value1 Value2 server1/mylogin,mypasswd Value3 Value4 And in my code, I am reading the file line by line and processing it. #! /bin/ksh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading a specific line from a file

Hi All, I am having 100 lines a text file say a.txt. I want read the 'nth' line from that file inside a script. Kindly tell us how to that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file using while loop not reading last line

I have written a script to read the file line by line. It is reading and printing the lines. But it is coming out of loop before reading last line. So I am not able to print last line. How do I solve it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop is not reading next line in the file when IF condition is used.

Hi Guys I am new to scripting.Please forgive for asking basic questions. I want to write a script to check whether the logs are getting updated in last 15 mins. cat server 192.168.1.6 192.168.1.7 cat list 192.168.1.7 /logs/logpath1 192.168.1.7 /logs/logpath2 192.168.1.6... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdurai
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line in while loop

Hello Team, i have to read line by line in a while loop, and the input file has:. # The script will start cppunit test application to run unit tests. -LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$CPPUNIT_HOME/lib:\ +LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$VOBTAG/SS_UnitTest/lib:\ $VOBTAG/SS_BFD/BFDSCLI/build:\ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line by line from live log file using while loop and considering only those lines start from

Hi, I want to read a live log file line by line and considering those line which start from time stamp; Below code I am using, which read line but throws an exception when comparing line that does not contain error code tail -F /logs/COMMON-ERROR.log | while read myline; do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)