Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generic Shell Script to Archive a file Post 302217805 by BMDan on Wednesday 23rd of July 2008 03:04:53 PM
Old 07-23-2008
Not a big ksh person, but how about:

Code:
mv $1 `echo $1 | sed 's/\/[^/][^/]*//'`/Archive/`echo $1 | sed 's/.*\///'`.`date +"%Y-%m-%d"`

N.b. not intended to backup entire directories at a time, but if you do, drop the trailing slash (or just edit the script to do it for you; I wanted to keep it simple).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for archive purge

I am writing a shell script for Archive Purge for the table having rows < 1 year. The shell script has to extract the rows from the table and write those extracted rows to a text file. Then from the text file, each rows will be read and deleted by means of delete query one by one. The fields will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: regnumber
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for primary and standby DB archive log check

Hi All, OS:AIX 5.3 64 bits I would like the below script to send alert mail with the message - "Standby logs falling behind Primary" to xyz@yahoo.com Script ===== #!/usr/bin/ksh #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Use SQL*Plus to query... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp, archive, email and delete from shell script

Hello, I found the forum’s information very helpful and informative. I am relatively new to UNIX programming. I am researching how to write a UNIX shell script to ftp all files from specific host folder to a client server. Also need to archive all transferred files, send a message (email) if any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive shell script

Hi, I'm new to Unix shell scripting and my first task is proving to be tricky. Please help where you can with pointers, tips, or examples of script. I'm self learning from the internet. I need to archive off files to another write protected directory according to the file names. ex.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorses
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for moving 3 days old file to Archive Folder

Hi Experts, I have a "Source" folder which may contain some files. I need a shell script which should move all files which are older than 3 days to "Archive" folder. Thanks in Advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to create a generic csv file from different source formats

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a "superset" file out of a number of different sources with some different and some same columns. We intend to have a manually updateable SuperSetCols.csv which would look like "ColA","ColB","ColC","ColD","ColE","ColF","ColG" so someday we may add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required help on a Generic File-watcher script

Hi All, Good morning... I have prepared a shell script which will monitor files in a certain folder and if available, SCP it to a destination path. Now the challenge I'm facing is my script is currently SCP-ing to only a single destination path. Wherever different destination path is in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saps19
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive logs and sftp to another archive server

Requirement: Under fuse application we have placeholders called containers; Every container has their logs under: <container1>/data/log/fuse.log <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.1 <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.XX <container2>/data/log/fuse.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjun Goswami
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Generic script to load file details(ls -ltr) in to a database.

All, I am trying to create a report on the duration of an ETL load from the file arrival to the final dump in to a database for SLA's. Does anyone have any guidance or ideas on how metadata can be extracted; information of a file: like file name, created timestamp, count of records and load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies
Archive::Any(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Archive::Any(3pm)

NAME
Archive::Any - Single interface to deal with file archives. SYNOPSIS
use Archive::Any; my $archive = Archive::Any->new($archive_file); my @files = $archive->files; $archive->extract; my $type = $archive->type; $archive->is_impolite; $archive->is_naughty; DESCRIPTION
This module is a single interface for manipulating different archive formats. Tarballs, zip files, etc. new my $archive = Archive::Any->new($archive_file); my $archive = Archive::Any->new($archive_file, $type); $type is optional. It lets you force the file type in-case Archive::Any can't figure it out. extract $archive->extract; $archive->extract($directory); Extracts the files in the archive to the given $directory. If no $directory is given, it will go into the current working directory. files my @file = $archive->files; A list of files in the archive. mime_type my $mime_type = $archive->mime_type(); Returns the mime type of the archive. is_impolite my $is_impolite = $archive->is_impolite; Checks to see if this archive is going to unpack into the current directory rather than create its own. is_naughty my $is_naughty = $archive->is_naughty; Checks to see if this archive is going to unpack outside the current directory. DEPRECATED
type my $type = $archive->type; Returns the type of archive. This method is provided for backwards compatibility in the Tar and Zip plugins and will be going away soon in favor of "mime_type". PLUGINS
For detailed information on writing plugins to work with Archive::Any, please see the pod documentation for Archive::Any::Plugin. AUTHOR
Clint Moore <cmoore@cpan.org> AUTHOR EMERITUS
Michael G Schwern SEE ALSO
Archive::Any::Plugin SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Archive::Any You can also look for information at: o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Archive-Any> o CPAN Ratings <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/Archive-Any> o RT: CPAN's request tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Archive-Any> o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Archive-Any> LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2008-06-25 Archive::Any(3pm)