Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Steps toward Solaris Administration Post 302217491 by rcmrulzz on Wednesday 23rd of July 2008 12:55:17 AM
Old 07-23-2008
Steps toward Solaris Administration

@imrankhan.in

google.com is the best guru, he has every answersSmilie, if you know the correct question....Smilie

Start from google, of course members of this forum are always there...Smilie

best of luck Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regds solaris administration

hii alll I need clarification regarding solaris administration what the best way to fine tune the solaris system in in sparc system.I had solaris 8 running on sunblade 1000 can i delete files from var(like what all files i can delete or remove) like wise for other slices what all i can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris administration book

hi can anyone give me a link of Solaris administration book (solaris 10). Regards Rochit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Zone Administration.

Hey now! I am new to Solaris 10 (at least to using Zones on it) I have just been handed a bunch of servers with zones already created. and I am adding users, setting up .bash_profile and .bashrc scripts. Does anyone know a way to do things like user adds on all the non-global zones at... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Required installation steps for perl 5.8.9 on Solaris 2.8 operating system

Hi Can any one suggest me the instalation guideline for perl 5.8.9 on UNIX/solaris 2.8 environment. Pooja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Books on Solaris 10 Administration

Hi Everyone, Could you please help me with Solaris 10 administration docs? I need this as i will soon be taking up the role of a administrator.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Browser Configuration Steps

I got the Solaris 10 OS Installed, on my laptop/x86 system/32bit, I'm new to UNIX OS and i'm about to sit for the SA-200-S10 exam. I need help on the step by step process to configure the Browser so i can practice modules such as the Patch Administration. Kind Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laitan
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris User Administration

Hi All..... How many maximum no of users can be created in solaris 10.0 Waiting for the reply ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhils13
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Help me with Pre Installation Steps for Patching on Solaris Servers

What are the Pre-installation steps for patching on Solaris servers in real time ? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrishna
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Need Help On Solaris Cluster Steps For San Migration

I am going to do a SAN Array migration and need the sequence of steps required on the Solaris cluster before moving the old array luns to new array luns. Here are the steps and I need info on the bold points:( I might even be wrong on the sequence of steps please correct me if I am wrong) 1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunshinedeepu
0 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)