Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print last matched pattern using perl Post 302217437 by er_ashu on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 10:17:32 PM
Old 07-22-2008
Thanks Kevin for your reply but I fear it doesn't work.

if a file has

aaatyui.......
bbbhjkl.....
ccc....

....ddd...
...bbbjkhgf556.....
.....eeeee
ffffff......
...aaa12345.......

(here ... depicts other records)

and if I have to search for the last matched pattern having aaa and bbb in it, the output should be

...bbbjkhgf556.....
...aaa12345.......

I have done the below till ow:

Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl -s -wnl
/aaa|bbb/ and print;

Please advise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP! PERL script to find matched pattern

Hi all, I just learnt Perl and I encountered a problem in my current project. For a verilog file, i am required to write a PERL script that could match pattern to output nitrolink and nitropack. I wont know what name to grep except the pattern below. the verilog file: nitrolink nitrolink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kimhuat
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: delete and print the only exact matched pattern

I am really need help with the regular expression in SED. From input file, I need to extract lines that have the port number (sport or dport) as defined. The input file is something like this time=1209515280-1209515340 dst=192.168.133.202 src=208.70.8.23 bytes=2472 proto=6 sport=80 dport=1447... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_buddy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print lines till till a pattern is matched in loop

Dear All I have a file like this 112534554 446538656 444695656 225696966 226569744 228787874 113536566 443533535 222564552 115464656 225445345 225533234 I want to cut the file into different parts where the first two columns are '11' . The first two columns will be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anoopvraj
3 Replies

4. Linux

Perl program to print previous set of lines once a pattern is matched

Hi all, I have a text data file. My aim here is to find line called *FIELD* AV for every record and print lines after that till *FIELD* RF. But here I want first 3 to four lines for very record as well. FIELD AV is some where in between for very record. SO I am not sure how to retrieve lines in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the whole row in awk based on matched pattern

Hi, I need some help on how to print the whole data for unmatched pattern. i have 2 different files that need to be checked and print out the unmatched patterns into a new file. My sample data as follows:- File1.txt Id Num Activity Class Type 309 1.1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only matched pattern in perl

Hi, I have script like below: #!/usr/local/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; while (<DATA>) { ( my ($s_id) = /^\d+\|(\d+?)\|/ ) ; if ( $s_id == 1 ){ s/^(.*\|)*.*ABC\.pi=(+|+)*.*ABC\.id=(\d+|+).*$/$1$2|$3/s; print "$1$2|$3\n"; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line between two patterns when a certain pattern matched

Hello Friends, I need to print lines in between two string when a keyword existed in those lines (keywords like exception, error, failed, not started etc). for example, input: .. Begin Edr ab12 ac13 ad14 bc23 exception occured bd24 cd34 dd44 ee55 ff66 End Edr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: print matched line and exact pattern match

Hi experts, I have a file with regexes which is used for automatic searches on several files (40+ GB). To do some postprocessing with the grep result I need the matching line as well as the match itself. I know that the latter could be achieved with grep's -o option. But I'm not aware of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To print from the first line until pattern is matched

Hi I want to print the line until pattern is matched. I am using below code: sed -n '1,/pattern / p' file It is working fine for me , but its not working for exact match. sed -n '1,/^LAC$/ p' file Input: LACC FEGHRA 0 LACC FACAF 0 LACC DARA 0 LACC TALAC 0 LAC ILACTC 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find matched pattern and print all based on certain conditions

Hi, I am trying to extract data based on certain conditions. My sample input file as below:- lnc-2:1 OnePiece tra_law 500 688 1 . . g_id "R792.8417"# tra_law_id "R792.8417.1"# g_line "2.711647"# KM "8.723820"# lnc-2:1 OnePiece room 500 510 1 . . g_id "R792.8417"# tra_law_id "R792.8417.1"#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunny_merah19
7 Replies
ns_filter(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				     ns_filter(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_register_filter, ns_register_proc, ns_register_trace - Register a filter, proc or trace callback SYNOPSIS
ns_register_filter option ?arg arg ...? ns_register_proc option ?arg arg ...? ns_register_trace option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
ns_register_filter: Registers a Tcl filter script for the specified method/URL combination on a virtual server. The script can be called at one or more of three given times: pre-authorization, post-authorization before page data has been returned to the user, and after the connection has been processed and closed. This function will be called at the specified stage of a connection, if the method/URL combination for the filter matches the method/URL combination for the connection using glob style matching. The URLpattern can contain standard string-matching characters. For example, these are valid URL patterns: /employees/*.tcl /accounts/*/out Valid values for the "when" argument are: preauth, postauth, and trace. Using pre-authorization, the procedure will be called (assuming that the method/URL combination matches) just before authorization. If the procedure returns with a code of: TCL_OK (using: return "filter_ok"): The server will continue to the next pre-authorization filter for this connection, or, if there are no more pre-authorization filters, it will continue on with authorization. TCL_BREAK (using: return "filter_break"): The server will not process any more pre-authorization filters for this connection, and it will continue on with authorization. TCL_RETURN (using: return "filter_return"): The server will close the connection and will not run any more pre-authorization filters. It will not authorize the request, and it will not run the function registered for this METHOD/URL. It WILL run any trace func- tions registered for this METHOD/URL, usually including logging. It is assumed that the filter has sent a proper response (e.g., using ns_return) to the client before returning TCL_RETURN. Using post-authorization, the procedure will be called (assuming that the method/URL combination matches) just after successful authoriza- tion. If the procedure returns: TCL_OK (using: return "filter_ok"): The server will continue to the next post-authorization filter for this connection, or, if there are no more post-authorization filters, it will run the function registered to handle this request. TCL_BREAK (using: return "filter_break"): The server will not process any more post-authorization filters for this connection, and it will run the function registered to handle this request. TCL_RETURN (using: return "filter_return"): The server will close the connection and will not run any more post-authorization filters and it will not run the function registered for this METHOD/URL. It WILL run any trace functions registered for this METHOD/URL, usually including logging. It is assumed that the filter has returned a proper response (e.g., using ns_return) to the client before returning TCL_RETURN. Using trace, the procedure will be called (assuming that the method/URL combination match) after the connection has been totally processed and closed. If the procedure returns: TCL_OK (using: return "filter_ok"): The server will continue to the next trace filter. TCL_BREAK (using: return "filter_break"): The rest of the trace filters are ignored. TCL_RETURN (using: return "filter_break"): The rest of the trace filters are ignored. Syntax for the registered procedure: The conn (connection) argument is optional for procedures registered by ns_register_filter if the procedure has 1 or 2 arguments (including why but not including conn). The following examples show the variations that can be used in this case: ns_register_filter trace GET /noargs filter_noargs ns_register_filter trace GET /context filter_context fnord ns_register_filter trace GET /conncontext filter_conncontext proc filter_noargs { why } { ns_log Notice "filter noargs" return filter_ok } ;# filter_noargs proc filter_context { arg why } { ns_log Notice "filter context. Arg: $arg" return filter_ok } ;# filter_noargs proc filter_conncontext { conn arg why } { ns_log Notice "filter conn context" return filter_ok } ;# filter_noargs The conn (connection) argument is required for procedures registered by ns_register_filter if the procedure has 3 or more arguments (including why but not including conn). The conn argument is automatically filled with the connection information. The first argument fol- lowing conn will always take the value supplied by ns_register_filter, if there is one, or an empty value. The why argument at the end is automatically filled with the type of filter requested. All other arguments must supply a default value. The following examples show the variations that can be used in this case: ns_register_filter postauth GET /threeargs threeargs aaa ns_register_filter postauth GET /fourargs fourargs aaa bbb ccc proc threeargs { conn context { greeble bork } why } { ... } ; proc fourargs { conn context { greeble bork } {hoover quark} why } { ... } ; When a GET of /threeargs is requested, the conn and why arguments will be filled automatically, the context argument will be assigned "aaa" and the greeble argument will be assigned the default value "bork". When a GET of /fourargs is requested, the conn and why arguments will be filled automatically, the context argument will be assigned "aaa", the greeble argument will be assigned "bbb", and the hoover argument will be assigned the default value "quark". ns_register_trace: Register a Tcl trace script to a method and matching URL. (Note: This function is obsolete. Use ns_register_filter instead.) ns_register_trace registers a Tcl script as a trace for the specified method/URL combination. After the server handles the request for the specified method on an URL that matches the URLpattern, it calls the trace script with the connection id and any arguments (args) speci- fied. The URLpattern can contain standard string-matching characters. For example, these are valid URLpatterns: /employees/*.tcl /accounts/*/out Note ns_register_trace is similar to ns_register_proc except that the pattern-matching for the URL is performed differently. With ns_regis- ter_proc, the specified URL is used to match that URL and any URL below it in the hierarchy. Wildcards such as "*" are meaningful only for the final part of the URL, such as /scripts/*.tcl. With ns_register_trace, the URLpattern is used to match URLs as a string with standard string-matching characters. ns_register_proc results in a single match, whereas multiple ns_register_trace's can be matched and will be called. SEE ALSO
ns_register_proc(n), ns_register_tag(n), ns_register_adptag(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 ns_filter(3aolserver)