Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [C] Multithread Server
Top Forums Programming [C] Multithread Server Post 302217421 by kemistry on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 07:26:45 PM
Old 07-22-2008
[C] Multithread Server

Hi all,i'm new on this forum, excuse me for my english.

I have wrote a server that accept connection from multiple client with the fork,but every client had to insert data in a linear list.

The problem is that every client insert data in an own copy of the linear list and this is caused by the fork.

So i have to convert my server in a multithread server but i have no idea where to start.

Anyone has an example of a multithread server??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Timeout with multithread server

I wrote a server which creates a thread for every client connection. I have to include timeout function that will kill the server thread if the client doesn't respond for specific time. That too using signal(SIGALRM). For this i am using alarm() function. When the server thread detects signal it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nads
1 Replies

2. Programming

Multithread,libcurl

Hi i m codding a programm,it can download any packet from ftp,I use libcurl library. But i want to use threads for downloading.(Multithreading).i cant get ftp file size from ftp and divide packet small pieces,like threads use. Please share your experince with me ,thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: canerbulut
0 Replies

3. Programming

Multithread app - Read-Only Data

Hello, I'm coding an application using pthreads.At some point the threads will read some read-only variables.Is it safe NOT to use mutexes, in order to make the program lighter since mutex operations are resource-demanding... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to find an application running on multithread?

Dear Friends, We have one T5240 server with 128vcpus in our lab.Performance of the server is very poor. Application uses only 2% of processor..I heard that single thread application performs slowly in coolthread.How can we find whether the application running on multithread or single thread? If... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script multithread in group of 3

I Have an script like ./bang 1 ./bang 2 ./bang 3 ./bang 4 ./bang 5 ./bang 6 ./bang 7 ./bang 8 ./bang 9 ./bang 10 ./bang 11 ./bang 12 and i wanna execute him in groups of 3 , i mean he execute bang 1 , bang 2 and bang 3 after it finish the next 3 commands it will be executed and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gyeah11
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to server-1 from server-2 and get a file from server-1

I need to connect to a ftp server-1 from linux server-2 and copy/get a file from server-1 which follows a name pattern of FILENAME* (located on the root directory) and copy on a directory on server-2. Later, I have to use this file for ETL loading... For this I tried using as below /usr/bin/ftp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Kcryptd - Which kernel supports MultiThread

I am currently have Centos 5.5 which consumes more CPU waiting for Kcrypt process. Later came to know that kcrypt is single threaded and hence consumes one CPU, results in performance degradation. Does any one really knows/practically experimented multithread of Kcryptd process with any of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragavendraganes
1 Replies
SSL_get_client_CA_list(3)					      OpenSSL						 SSL_get_client_CA_list(3)

NAME
SSL_get_client_CA_list, SSL_CTX_get_client_CA_list - get list of client CAs SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> STACK_OF(X509_NAME) *SSL_get_client_CA_list(const SSL *s); STACK_OF(X509_NAME) *SSL_CTX_get_client_CA_list(const SSL_CTX *ctx); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_get_client_CA_list() returns the list of client CAs explicitly set for ctx using SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3). SSL_get_client_CA_list() returns the list of client CAs explicitly set for ssl using SSL_set_client_CA_list() or ssl's SSL_CTX object with SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3), when in server mode. In client mode, SSL_get_client_CA_list returns the list of client CAs sent from the server, if any. RETURN VALUES
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() and SSL_set_client_CA_list() do not return diagnostic information. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() and SSL_add_client_CA() have the following return values: STACK_OF(X509_NAMES) List of CA names explicitly set (for ctx or in server mode) or send by the server (client mode). NULL No client CA list was explicitly set (for ctx or in server mode) or the server did not send a list of CAs (client mode). SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3), SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_get_client_CA_list(3)