Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to 'split' mirror disk for OS upgrade purpose Post 302217348 by togr on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 02:21:06 PM
Old 07-22-2008
No mather which way You choose, remove the disk physically once detached!
I've already seen people overwritng their only backups...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP UX Disk Mirror

Being somewhat extremely new to Unix, I have just had a system crash One of my Volume Groups has crashed However, this Volume Group is actually mirrored How do I switch to use the mirrored copy? Any assistance greatly appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobdeng
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk suite to mirror both d0 and d2

I have 2 drives on a sun solaris 8 server that is a live server. I am putting in an additional 2 drives and want to mirror the the first 2. I was thinking of using disksuite but one drive is the root drive with 1 maybe 2 free paritions. The other is only one partition (36G). I was wondering... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mirror system disk

I have a SUN 440 running Solaris 8 that is generating funny errors on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0 and I would like to dupe the drive(the non offending drives are removed for this process), swap it with the dupe and reboot. From what I have read, the process seems simple: dd if=/dev/dsk/c1t0d0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hardyj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to fill up disk space for testing purpose

Hello everyone I am new to this forum I am working on a project and needed a test script to fill up a disk partition /tmp/data to see how the program fails. The system I am working on is a redhat 5.3. Is there anything out there? Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dp100022
10 Replies

5. AIX

replacing mirror disk

Hi Admins, I am new into aix.I was surfing aix pages and reading how to replace failed mirror disks.I read in one of the posts that we have to reboot the server to replace the disk. actually i was a HPUX admin and many times replaced root mirror disk online.Ofcourse it was hot swappable. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
2 Replies

6. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to split a zfs/zpool mirror for backout purposes?

Hello, I am upgrading Veritas from 5.1 to 6.0.1/6.0.5 in a Solaris 10 u8 server with OS mirrored (rpool) in zfs/zpool configuration. I need to split it to have a quick way to backout in case of failure (make splitted mirror side bootable for a quick revert, like booting from it). I remember... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Mirror disk problem

Hello all, i have the mirror disk problem with SunOS 5.10. here's the message: # metastat d15 d15: Mirror Submirror 0: d16 State: Needs maintenance Submirror 1: d17 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwprabowo
4 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)