Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Configuring sendmail to modify the domain name Post 302217318 by smuthuvel on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 12:44:42 PM
Old 07-22-2008
Configuring sendmail to modify the domain name

Hi,

I would like to change the domain name using sendmail.
For example, currently mails are sent like user@domain1.com
I would like to change it to user@domain2.com

How this can be done from HP-UX?
Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

blocking sendmail from domain

hi i edited the /etc/mail/access files with the line "yahoo.com REJECT", afterwhich i cannot send out files to the yahoo.com domain. :mad: can someone advise on how to go about configuring such that i am able to send mail out to yahoo.com BUT block INCOMING mail from yahoo.com :confused: i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

configuring sendmail.cf version is 1.74

Hello Please someone guide me to configure sendmail.cf on AIX 5.3 The sendmail.cf version is 1.74( bos53A src/bos/usr/sbin/sendmail/sendmail.cf 1.74) Thanks Amruta (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring Sendmail

Hi anyone knows how to Configuring Sendmail on /usr/lib/mail/cd on solaris 9? i cannot find the sendmail.mc file and i not able to use m4 to compile! Pls help Thanks Summer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
3 Replies

4. AIX

sendmail only sends emails to its own domain

Hi, folks! I have a problem with an AIX 5.3 server running sendmail where it is able to send messages within its own domain just fine. This is being used for a web email service portion of a web site. However, when it attempts to send email to any other domain -- i.e., hotmail.com -- it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjwood64
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring sendmail option

Hi, I have a script which check for the health of an application. In the end I want to attache a file to send the information to the user using sendmail. How to configure sendmail in linux?How to attach a file and send it as a mail from script? Ahamed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
3 Replies

6. Linux

Configuring dns in local domain

Hi everybody, for revolving local host name of my network, I set up an dns server to solve my problem, but til now, nothing happen when I ping a hostname, but work on IP. Can you help me to correct the configuration. Here is all my settings: Voici mes fichiers de configuration: -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beloge2002
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring Sendmail as a client only, how?

We are running sendmail-8.13.4 on AIX. I need to update the configuration and make sendmail act as a relay client only, meaning it will only be used to send mail out of the host and NOT accept mail. Here is my client.mc config: include(`/usr/samples/tcpip/sendmail/m4/cf.m4')... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sendmail not delivering to own domain

I can send off network but can not send to anyone on network. SitRep is this the legacy mail system at work is setup as 2 servers, one is the outbound server and /etc/aliases has a list of users to deliver the mail to another server. for this instance we will call the 192.168.1.9(outgoing)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sycomix
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Configuring Sendmail

Hi, I am using sendmail. I need to do the following: Send all internal emails to one relay, send to a particular external domain via a relay that required authentication. Could someone please advise on configuration? I tried one possibility but it failed. Posting "Does not work" without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with wrong domain name

Not sure if this is the right place so I'm sorry if its not. I am setting up a new RHE server and trying to get sendmail to work correctly. Currently when I test sendmail I will recieve an email from (username@servermydomain.com.com) I have scoured the sendmail.cf and cannot find this anywhere.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumbelina
2 Replies
pygn2m(1)						    Python Gateway news to mail 						 pygn2m(1)

NAME
pygn2m - Python Gateway news to mail SYNOPSIS
pygs -t recipient@domain1 -s sender@domain2 [ -e envelope@domain3 ] [ -h ] DESCRIPTION
IMPORTANT: this man page is to be continued. The Whole pyg gateway is in devel. state. try -h option for more detailed option. pygn2m reads from stdin a nntp article, sending it to recipient@domain1 a rfc822 compliant email setting Resent-Sender: sender@domain2 and envelope envelope@domain3 if exists, else sender@domain2. If pygn2m reads from stdin a sigle line starting with /, it is considered an absolute path to an article (ie in a spool), so pygn2m will open and read it. EXAMPLES
There is some documetation in /urs/share/doc/pyg I created mailgate user (moderator of local.moderated ng). Every article posted in local.moderated is sent to mailgate, in its .procmailrc I've put: :0 bhc * ^To: *local-moderated | $HOME/pygs -t kalfa@localhost -e mailgate@students.cs.unibo.it -s 'cosimo@students.cs.unibo.it' where kalfa@localhost is the recipient (usually a mailing list) Here is an header extract from kalfa@localhost mbox: From mailgate@students.cs.unibo.it From: whosentnntparticle@domain4 To: kalfa@localhost Resent-Sender: cosimo@students.cs.unibo.it note that sender and envelope are different. rfc822 says that Sender: have to be a human user (not a program or similia). envelope can mailgate user. AUTHOR
Cosimo Alfarano <alfarano@students.cs.unibo.it> BUGS
Boh. send any bug to the author, please. Sun Sep 12 22:40:00 CEST 2000 pygn2m(1)