Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: san device information
Operating Systems Solaris san device information Post 302217314 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 12:37:29 PM
Old 07-22-2008
i don't understand where your problem is...?!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get Device id information on solaris 8

Hi friends am writing a script to get the device id of i/o devices on solaris. The command iostat -iE works well on Solaris 5.9 and 5.10 but fails on solaris 5.8 as there is no 'i' switch with iostat command on this os Can anyone suggest me an alternate way to find device id information on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
3 Replies

3. AIX

Find information for Host and SAN disconnect

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find information on how to cleanly disconnect my AIX 5.3 host from our DS/4200 SAN. I have to do a firmware upgrade on the SAN. -Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a lot of Buffer I/O error on device connected to SAN

hi guys I have a server(x3650 M2) connected to a SAN...it takes a long time to boot with a lot errors like these any idea how to fix that? Suse Enterprise 10 SP3 update as soon as I disconnect the HBAs boots up normal and fast and no messages sdi:end_request: I/O error, dev sdh,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

5. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies
TGT-ADMIN(8)						      TGT Configuration Tool						      TGT-ADMIN(8)

NAME
tgt-admin - Linux SCSI Target Configuration Tool. SYNOPSIS
tgt-admin -[OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
tgt-admin is a utility which allows a persistent configuration of targets and luns. It uses tgtadm commands to create, delete and show targets. OPTIONS
-e, --execute read /etc/tgt/targets.conf and execute tgtadm commands. if target already exists it will be deleted and a new instance will be created with the new parameters instead. -d, --delete delete all the targets -s, --show show all the targets -f, --force don't exit on tgtadm errors -p, --pretend only print tgtadm options -v, --verbose increase verbosity (no effect in "pretend" mode) -c, --conf <conf_file> specify an alternative configuration file instead of /etc/tgt/target.conf, which is the default. -h, --help display a list of available options and exits CONFIGURATION FILE SYNTAX
The defualt configuration file is: /etc/tgt/target.conf. It defines all the targets and their properties. The configuration file is in XML format and uses tags. Configuration file contains several target blocks, where each block contains tar- get's proerties such as storage devices, initator ACL and authorization information. You can include other config files using: include /etc/tgt/xen/*.conf. There are 2 types of storage devices: backing-store - defines a virtual device on the target. direct-store - defines a direct mapped device with the same properties as the physical device (such as VENDOR_ID , SERIAL_NUM, etc.) initiator-address - allows connections only from the specify IP address. defaults to ALL if no "initiator-address" is specified incominguser - define iscsi incoming authentication setting. if no "incominguser" is specified, it is not used. outgoinguser - define iscsi outgoing authentication setting. if no "outgoinguser" is specified, it is not used. example for a configuration file: <target iqn.2007-04.com.example:san.monitoring> backing-store /dev/san/monitoring # if no "incominguser" is specified, it is not used incominguser backup secretpass12 # defaults to ALL if no "initiator-address" is specified initiator-address 192.168.1.2 </target> <target iqn.2007-02.com.example:san.xen1> backing-store /dev/san/xen1-disk1 # LUN1 direct-store /dev/san/xen1-disk2 # LUN2 initiator-address 192.168.1.2 # Allowed IP initiator-address 192.168.5.6 # Allowed IP incominguser user1 secretpass12 incominguser user2 secretpass23 outgoinguser userA secretpassA </target> <target iqn.2007-02.com.example:san.xen2> backing-store /dev/san/xen2 </target> <target iqn.2007-06.com.example:san.vmware1> backing-store /dev/san/vmware1 </target> FILES
/etc/tgt/target.conf Configuration file for tgt-admin. SEE ALSO
tgtadm(8) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <stgt-devel@lists.berlios.de> TGT Configuration Tool 2008-07-21 TGT-ADMIN(8)