Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring visual representation of server health Post 302217309 by Ikon on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 12:21:13 PM
Old 07-22-2008
try: Nagios: About Nagios

Its opensource, might be overkill. But it will do what you want.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disk Representation - what is this c1t1d0s2 represent?

Hi All, Can you please advise what the 't' letters stands for? I understand the letter for the following "c1t1d0s2": c = disk Controller t = ? d = disk number ID. s = slice or partition of the disk Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
2 Replies

2. Solaris

sun server health check

do anybody has a procedure for daily weekley monthly health check for SUN server with solaris OS?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

3. Programming

Connect to UNIX server with Visual Basic

Is there any possibility to develop an application using Visual Basic that connects to a unix server (using SSH) and run some commands? I will try to describe what i need : The user should enter the server adress, username and password! Than the user must enter some "filenames" and after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SuperDuck
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Monitor server's health

Dear all, There wasn't any monitoring on our server except on the filesystem. Therefore, I was wondering anything i should do on a daily basis to check on the server's status, health, hardware, or any other thing as a disaster prevention? Also, what command i should use to do that? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

5. Programming

Internal representation of double

I came across a puzzle which I can not explain. The setup is SCO OpenServer 5.7 (32 bit OS) and native SCO compiler. double is 8 bytes long on this system. I am able to populate the double variable with two different sets of values that produces the same double value, please see below: #include... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
7 Replies

6. Programming

How bit representation of a number can be done in c?

I have an assignment in which a character is the input of which some bits(from a position to certain position) are to be inverted (1's complement) and then the resultant character is to be returned....for example unsigned char x = J from p = 3 to offset n = 5 01001010 inverted to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Server health Checks pre & post Rebooting

Hi, Earlier we used to reboot servers based on adhoc request, never checked anything on it pre-reboot., But now i need to reboot regularly but most of the info is not available, I need to know want to make sure that server to be rebooted without any issues, so I want to do few prechecks which will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare 2 files with different keywords : use server health-check tool

I have two files to be compared to get the output of the differences. File1 has a lot more lists than File2. After searching a lot on this thread I'am unable to find the exact code that im willing to get. This will be used as 'pre-check'/post-check utility (health check Tool) to compare... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GeekyJimmy
1 Replies
Nagios::Plugin::Threshold(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Nagios::Plugin::Threshold(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::Plugin::Threshold - class for handling Nagios::Plugin thresholds. SYNOPSIS
# NB: This is an internal Nagios::Plugin class. # See Nagios::Plugin itself for public interfaces. # Constructor $t = Nagios::Plugin::Threshold->set_thresholds( warning => $warning_range_string, critical => $critical_range_string, ); # Value checking - returns CRITICAL if in the critical range, # WARNING if in the warning range, and OK otherwise $status = $t->get_status($value); # Accessors - return the associated N::P::Range object $warning_range = $t->warning; $critical_range = $t->critical; DESCRIPTION
Internal Nagios::Plugin class for handling threshold data. See Nagios::Plugin for public interfaces. A threshold object contains (typically) a pair of ranges, associated with a particular severity e.g. warning => range1 critical => range2 AUTHOR
This code is maintained by the Nagios Plugin Development Team: see http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Nagios Plugin Development Team This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-22 Nagios::Plugin::Threshold(3pm)