Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell Script Unique Identifier Question Post 302217202 by grahambo2005 on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 07:18:36 AM
Old 07-22-2008
Apologies for asking again

but I am now having an issue with TR

I want to make double sure that the value of id has no non-numerical characters in it.

Code:
if [ ($id | tr -d '[:digit:]') == '' ]
then
#let do the next bit
else
#email me
fi

my if syntax is not correct though

im getting the error
./test.sh[12]: Syntax error at line 12 : `(' is not expected.

any advice?
Cheers
Graham

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with shell script...ORA-00904:invalid identifier

Guys, Please suggest me what's wrong with this script? #!/usr/bin/sh ############################################################################## # Author : Bhagat Singh # # # Date : Nov 13,2006 #... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check the unique numbers in huge data

Friends, I have to write a shell script,the description is---- i Have to check the uniqueness of the numbers in a file. A file is containing 200thousand tickets and a ticket have 15 numbers in asecending order.And there is a strip that is having 6 tickets that means 90 numbers.I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: selecting unique specific content of a file using shell script

Hi, I have a file whose content and format at places is as given below. print coloumn .... coloumn .... coloumn .... skip 1 line print coloumn ... skip 1 line I need to select the following : print coloumn .... coloumn .... coloumn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find and replace a line using a identifier

Hi all im having trouble starting with a shell script, i hope someone here can help me i have 2 files file1: 404905.jpg 516167 404906.jpg 516168 404917.psd 516183 404947.pdf 516250 file2: 516250 /tmp/RecyclePoster18241.pdf 516167 /tmp/ReunionCardFINAL.jpg 516168... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenray
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifier In Shell script

Hi, I have a shell script and inside that shell script it calls a local .env file to set the environment for the shell script ,but the thing is that i got a error while running the script like ./myscript.sh it gives DB_NAME=dvcl021: is not an identifier that DB_Name is accessed from my .env... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malickhat
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to count unique rows in a CSV

HI All, I have a CSV file of 30 columns separated by ,. I want to get a count of all unique rows written to a flat file. The CSV file is around 5000 rows The first column is a time stamp and I need to exclude while counting unique Thanks, Ravi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nani369
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select combination unique using shell script

Hi All, bash-3.00$ gzgrep -i '\ ExecuteThread:' /******/******/******/******/stdout.log.txt.gz <Jan 7, 2012 5:54:55 PM UTC> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000337> < ExecuteThread: '414' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' has been busy for "696" seconds working on the request... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifier in shell

Dear guys I need help here with syntax, I am trying to start script command to capture all user activities every day, I want the log file of each user to be named with his login ID + date time to overcome the possibility of over writing the log file if he logoff and login again. Here is was I wrote... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 10000 unique audio file of 2MB each using shell script.

Hi, I want 10000+ unique Audio file of approx 2MB each. How can i generate numerous audio files using shell script. Any tool, command or suggestions are welcome. If i give one audio seed file then can we create numerous unique files with same seed file? Any help is highly appreciable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushil.kumar
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add unique identifier from file to filetype in directory

I am trying to add a unique identifier to two file extensions .bam and .vcf in a directory located at /home/cmccabe/Desktop/index/R_2016_09_21_14_01_15_user_S5-00580-9-Medexome. The identifier is in $2 of the input file. What the code below is attempting to do is strip off the last portion... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
21 Replies
Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Session::Store::File - Basic file-based session store SYNOPSIS
use Plack::Builder; use Plack::Middleware::Session; use Plack::Session::Store::File; my $app = sub { return [ 200, [ 'Content-Type' => 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello Foo' ] ]; }; builder { enable 'Session', store => Plack::Session::Store::File->new( dir => '/path/to/sessions' ); $app; }; # with custom serializer/deserializer builder { enable 'Session', store => Plack::Session::Store::File->new( dir => '/path/to/sessions', # YAML takes it's args the opposite order serializer => sub { YAML::DumpFile( reverse @_ ) }, deserializer => sub { YAML::LoadFile( @_ ) }, ); $app; }; DESCRIPTION
This implements a basic file based storage for session data. By default it will use Storable to serialize and deserialize the data, but this can be configured easily. This is a subclass of Plack::Session::Store and implements its full interface. METHODS
new ( %params ) The %params can include dir, serializer and deserializer options. It will check to be sure that the dir is writable for you. dir This is the directory to store the session data files in, if nothing is provided then "/tmp" is used. serializer This is a CODE reference that implements the serialization logic. The CODE ref gets two arguments, the $value, which is a HASH reference to be serialized, and the $file_path to save it to. It is not expected to return anything. deserializer This is a CODE reference that implements the deserialization logic. The CODE ref gets one argument, the $file_path to load the data from. It is expected to return a HASH reference. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2009, 2010 Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-27 Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)