Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Validating IP address.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Validating IP address. Post 302217171 by nua7 on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 05:20:46 AM
Old 07-22-2008
Thanks a lot!

Thanks era and fpmurphy for all the suggestions!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating dates

This is what I have to check date entries in an interactive script with the end users... I use this to build control cards for a reporting utility supplied by a software vendor. I also want to check to make sure its a valid day based on the month (ie 30days has sept, april, june and Nov..)... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Programming

validating input

how do i validate y script so that it only accepts values between 1 and 3 and against any character input, cause at the moment i can only validate against numbers outside 1 and 3 but not characters cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruffenator
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

validating userid

What's wrong with this syntax? It's part of my 'if' statement but it doesn't seem to pass and it keeps going to the 'else' part. I thought it says that userid must start with a non-numeric character and is between 6 and 10 characters long (alphanumeric). $userid|grep -Eq '^?\{6,10\}+$' if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating $1 and $2 before using

Hi there, I'm trying to validate my $1 and $2 before I use them in the sqlplus update, I think I have the validation rules set correctly??? however when I test my script, it jumps straight into the sql. It doesn't seem to validate the vars....even when I know they are incorrect. if ; then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating 10. IP address any way possible

HELP: validating IP addresses any way possible -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am trying to validate input from the user in a script. I thought is was easy to do using regular expressions but I can't figure out how to use REs in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nrodolfich
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validating a file

Pardon my ignorance but I am lost on how to do this I have a file called "Sample.txt", it is pipe delimited, it should have 13 fields. But some of the records do not, I would like to set up a shell script where I can pass in a parameter "Sample.txt" and it would split the file into records... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgeehot
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for validating

HI, I am trying to write a validation script as below awk '($1=="ABC"&&$2="XYZ" ,then check the value in $8,$10 these columns should not be null. so their should be some corresponding value n the $8 and $10 column,if their is no value the script has to give error saying that at a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating(pingable or not) remote ip address in shell script

i need to verify whether the ip adress given as input to the shell script is pingable or not... that is whether the ip is alive and responding.. ping $ip_adress the above wont work in script because the execution is continuous... so the shell script keeps will dwell in this pinging process...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
langinfo(5)							File Formats Manual						       langinfo(5)

NAME
langinfo - language information constants SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This header file contains the constants used to identify items of data (see nl_langinfo(3C)). The mode of items is given in The following constants are defined. (Category indicates in which category each item is defined). Constant Category Description ---------------------------------------------------------------- CODESET LC_CTYPE Codeset name, such as and D_T_FMT LC_TIME String for formatting the (date and time) directive of and D_FMT LC_TIME String for formatting the (date) directive of and T_FMT LC_TIME String for formatting the (time) directive of and T_FMT_AMPM LC_TIME Time representation in the 12 hour clock format with and AM_STR LC_TIME Ante meridiem string used with 12 hour time formats in English). PM_STR LC_TIME Post meridiem string used with 12 hour time formats in English). DAY_1 LC_TIME Name of the first day of the week in English). ... ... ... DAY_7 LC_TIME Name of the seventh day of the week. ABDAY_1 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the first day of the week in English). ... ... ... ABDAY_7 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the seventh day of the week. MON_1 LC_TIME Name of the first month in the Gre- gorian year. ... ... ... MON_12 LC_TIME Name of the twelfth month. ABMON_1 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the first month. ... ... ... ABMON_12 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the twelfth month. ERA LC_TIME The era description segments, which describe how years are counted and displayed for each era in a locale. Each era description segment has the format: according to the descriptions below. There will be as many era description segments as are neces- sary to describe the different eras. Era description segments are separated by semicolons. Note that the start of an era might not be the earliest point in the era; it might be the latest. For example, the Christian era BC starts on the day before January 1, AD 1, and increases with earlier time. direction: Either a or a character. The character indicates that years closer to the have lower numbers than those closer to the offset: The number of the year closest to the start_date in the era. start_date: A date in the format where yyyy, mm, dd are the year, month, and day numbers respectively of the start of the era. Years prior to AD 1 are represented as negative numbers. end_date: The ending date of the era, in the same format as the start_date or one of the two spe- cial values or The value indicates that the ending date is the begin- ning of time. The value indicates that the ending date is the end of time. era_name: The era, corresponding to the conversion specification. era_format: The format of the year in the era, corresponding to the conversion specification. ERA_D_FMT LC_TIME Format string for formatting the (Emperor/Era name and year) direc- tive of and if an individual era format is not specified for an era (see localedef(1M)). ERA_D_T_FMT LC_TIME The locale's appropriate alterna- tive date and time format, corre- sponding to the field descriptor. ERA_T_FMT LC_TIME The locale's appropriate alterna- tive date and time format, corre- sponding to the field descriptor. ALT_DIGITS LC_NUMERIC The alternative symbols for digits, corresponding to the conversion specification modifier. The value consists of semicolon separated strings. The first string is the alternative symbol corresponding with zero, the second string corre- sponding with one, etc. Up to 100 alternate symbol strings may be specified. RADIXCHAR LC_NUMERIC Radix character ("decimal point" in English). The string returned is the same as the element in the structure returned by THOUSEP LC_NUMERIC Separator for thousands. The string returned is the same as the element in the structure returned by YESEXPR LC_MESSAGES Affirmative response extended regu- lar expression. NOEXPR LC_MESSAGES Negative response extended regular expression. YESSTR LC_MESSAGES Affirmative response for yes/no questions. (Obsolete: use NOSTR LC_MESSAGES Negative response for yes/no ques- tions. (Obsolete: use CRNCYSTR LC_MONETARY Symbol for currency preceded by if it precedes the number, if it fol- lows the number, and if it replaces the radix. For example, would be used for for and for See locale- conv(3C) for alternative currency formatting information. DIRECTION LC_CTYPE Value to indicate text direction. Values currently defined include and Values of or indicate that characters are arranged from left to right within a line and lines are arranged from top to bottom. A value of indicates that characters are arranged from right to left within a line and lines are arranged from top to bottom. (This constant is an HP proprietary item, subject to change, and may not be portable to other platforms.) CONTEXT LC_CTYPE String indicating character context analysis. String or indicates no context analysis is required. String indicates Arabic context analysis required. ALT_DIGIT LC_NUMERIC A string of the characters that are mapped into the ASCII equivalent string (where b is a blank). This is also the reverse mapping for output. It is not assumed that the character code values of digits are contiguous or that they are one byte values. A null value for the string indicates that the language has no alternative digits. (This constant is an HP proprietary item, subject to change, and may not be portable to other platforms.) ALT_PUNCT LC_CTYPE A string of the characters that are mapped into the ASCII equivalent string b!"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[]^_`{|}~ (where b is a blank) in American usage. This is also the reverse mapping for output. It is not assumed that the character code values of punctuation characters are contiguous or that they are one byte values. If any punctuation characters do not have equivalent alternatives, ASCII codes are used in the alternative punctuation string. A null value for the string indicates that the language has no alternative punctuation characters. (This constant is an HP proprietary item, subject to change, and may not be portable to other platforms.) YEAR_UNIT LC_TIME Symbol for year. This is usually required to specify date for Asian languages. (This constant is an HP proprietary item, subject to change, and may not be portable to other platforms.) MON_UNIT LC_TIME Symbol for month. (This constant is an HP proprietary item, subject to change, and may not be portable to other platforms.) DAY_UNIT LC_TIME Symbol for day. (This constant is an HP proprietary item, subject to change, and may not be portable to other platforms.) HOUR_UNIT LC_TIME Symbol for hour. This is usually required to specify time for Asian languages. (This constant is an HP proprietary item, subject to change, and may not be portable to other platforms.) MIN_UNIT LC_TIME Symbol for minute. (This constant is an HP proprietary item, subject to change, and may not be portable to other platforms.) SEC_UNIT LC_TIME Symbol for second. (This constant is an HP proprietary item, subject to change, and may not be portable to other platforms.) CHARMAP LC_COLLATE The name of the charmap used to LC_CTYPE compile this locale. (This con- stant is an HP proprietary item, subject to change, and may not be portable to other platforms.) WARNINGS
It is recommended that you use to access date and time information defined in (see strftime(3C)), and to access information corresponding to and (see localeconv(3C)). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
date(1), localedef(1M), getdate(3C), localeconv(3C), nl_langinfo(3C), setlocale(3C), strftime(3C), lang(5). langinfo(5)