Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting "find command" to find the files in the current directories but not in the "subdir" Post 302217144 by vijayq8 on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 04:01:00 AM
Old 07-22-2008
MySQL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude
Vijay, that does not work if a sub directory name contains a ".". You may think that's uncommon, but the first time I tried your command, it failed because the directory I was in had a period!
Hi,
it should work man, i tried in my unix box then only i posted the reply. see my result.

[mipl@subversion ~]$ ls
coding dead.letter s2.sh scripting sname sorted_names test test1 vijay
[mipl@subversion ~]$ ls -a
. .bash_profile dead.letter .kde sorted_names .viminfo
.. .bashrc .emacs s2.sh test .xemacs
.bash_history .canna .emacs.d scripting test1 .zshrc
.bash_logout coding .gtkrc sname vijay
[mipl@subversion ~]$ find *.*
dead.letter
s2.sh
[mipl@subversion ~]$

Hope you clear now.

Thanks & Regards
Vijay.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod 777 on all directories below...how do I do that using the "find" command?

I've got 100 directories that each have 2 directories with in them. Structered like this: /home/domains/domain1/ through to /home/domains/domain100/ and those 2 directories mentioned above are here: /home/domains/domain1/directory1/ /home/domains/domain1/directory2/ through to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neko
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing only directories in the current working directory using the "ls" command

Hello All, I am trying to list only directories in my current directory using the command "ls -d". But the output only contains the default directory "." and doesn't list the rest of the directories in the working directory. Can anyone explain why this is happening (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to find content in between curly braces, "{" and "},"

problem String ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ icecream= { smart peopleLink "good" LC "happy" , smartpeopleLink "dull" LC "sad" } aend = {smart vc4 eatr kalu} output needed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ smart peopleLink "good" LC "happy" , smartpeopleLink "dull" LC "sad" smart vc4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keshav_rk
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "find" and "grep" command

I want to list all files/lines which except those which contain the pattern ' /proc/' OR ' /sys/' (mind the leading blank). In a first approach I coded: find / -exec ls -ld {} | grep -v ' /proc/| /sys/' \; > /tmp/list.txt But this doesn't work. I got an error (under Ubuntu): grep:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
SVN-MAILER(1)							   User Commands						     SVN-MAILER(1)

NAME
svn-mailer - A feature rich subversion commit notification tool SYNOPSIS
svn-mailer --commit -d repos -r rev [-f config] svn-mailer --propchange -d repos -r rev -a author -n propname [-o action] [-f config] svn-mailer --lock -d repos -a author [-f config] svn-mailer --unlock -d repos -a author [-f config] DESCRIPTION
The svnmailer package is a tool to post notifications of subversion events to various targets in different ways. Currently implemented: Mail via SMTP or a sendmail pipe, news via NNTP, XML via XMLRPC to a CIA tracker (see http://cia.navi.cx/ for details). The svn-mailer command line script is typically invoked via subversion's hook mechanism, but you can run it manually as well. This is use- ful to resend missing messages or for debugging purposes. Remember to start it under the correct user/group id. Otherwise it may have problems to open the repository or the config file. The svnmailer can be used in most cases as a drop-in replacement for mailer.py distributed with subversion. There are some subtle differ- ences which are dedicated to more behavior consistency. (Hopefully) all of them are stated in the HTML documentation. GENERAL OPTIONS --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show a help message and exit COMMON PARAMETERS --debug Run in debug mode (means basically that all messages are sent to STDOUT) -dREPOSITORY, --repository=REPOSITORY The repository directory -fCONFIG, --config=CONFIG The configuration file -ePATH_ENCODING, --path-encoding=PATH_ENCODING Specifies the character encoding to be used for filenames. By default the encoding is tried to be determined automatically depending on the locale. BEHAVIOR OPTIONS The behavior options are mutually exclusive, i.e. the last one wins. -c, --commit This is a regular commit of versioned data (post-commit hook). This is default. -p, --propchange This is a modification of unversioned properties (post-revprop-change hook) -l, --lock (svn 1.2 and later) This is a locking call (post-lock hook). The locked file names are read from STDIN. -u, --unlock (svn 1.2 and later) This is a unlocking call (post-unlock hook). The unlocked file names are read from STDIN. SUPPLEMENTAL PARAMETERS -rREVISION, --revision=REVISION The modified/committed revision number -aAUTHOR, --author=AUTHOR The author of the modification -nPROPNAME, --propname=PROPNAME The name of the modified property -oACTION, --action=ACTION (svn 1.2 and later) The property change action. If specified, the old property value is read from STDIN. CONFIGURATION FILES
If the configuration file is not specified on the command line it is searched at default locations. The first one found is loaded. The locations are, in order: mailer.conf in the conf/ directory of the given repository, mailer.conf in the script directory itself, /etc/svn- mailer.conf. OLD STYLE COMMAND LINE
Alternatively you can use the old style compatibility command lines (options described above don't apply then): svn-mailer commit repos rev [config] svn-mailer propchange repos rev author propname [config] With svn 1.2 and later: svn-mailer propchange2 repos rev author propname action [config] svn-mailer lock repos author [config] svn-mailer unlock repos author [config] REPORTING BUGS
If you've found a bug or have an idea how to improve the svnmailer, please send a mail to <svnmailer-bugs@perlig.de>. AUTHOR INFORMATION
Andre "nd" Malo <nd@perlig.de>, GPG: 0x8103A37E SEE ALSO
The full documentation of the svnmailer package is maintained in HTML form. You may find it in the /usr/share/doc/svnmailer/ directory at your site or online at <http://opensource.perlig.de/svnmailer/>. For detailed information about subversion, consult the subversion book at <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/>. svn-mailer 1.0.8 2006 SVN-MAILER(1)