Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development wiki -- heard about them, tell me more Post 302217116 by era on Tuesday 22nd of July 2008 02:21:01 AM
Old 07-22-2008
Really depends a lot on your needs. A simple wiki like MoinMoin doesn't offer a lot of features, but is correspondingly care-free from a maintenance perspective. A more complex wiki such as MediaWiki, twiki, or Confluence adds a lot of extensibility and (through plug-ins, or directly integrated) usability niceties, but also some management overhead. If you're a development shop, I'd also suggest that you also look at Trac, which combines integrated bug tracking, blogging, time tracking (with a plug-in), and wiki in a single package.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

anybody heard of the script that allows

Does anybody knows of the script that allows your unix GUI to look like windows GUI? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gueso
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wiki on AIX

Hi I am wanting to download and install Wiki Software on an AIX server and have no idea which one or where to start ; preferably Open Source - anyone any ideas? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carole_76
1 Replies

3. AIX

Wiki on AIX

Hi I am wanting to download and install Wiki Software on an AIX server and have no idea which one or where to start ; preferably Open Source - anyone any ideas? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carole_76
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Wiki on Solaris

Hi, i want to install wiki on solaris, to make my own wikipedia inside my company. I'm using Solaris 10. Can someone help me with this, give me some directions, what do i have to install, some step by step guide. thanks in advance :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n00b
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wiki

Please i am trying to create an intranet wiki in my work place but i have no idea what to do, please if you can guide me on how to go about it i will really appreciate it. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bensen
1 Replies