Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change the HostID?--SunFire880 Post 302217073 by incredible on Monday 21st of July 2008 11:15:57 PM
Old 07-22-2008
If you're getting NVRAM ID errors in the variables, or corrupted hostid, you will have to replace the NVRAM chip. Or else you may need to change the hostid for licensing issues
when moving a software from one machine to another one.

Here is the procedure:

1. Download hid_solaris2 binary from Index of /change_hostid
If you want to compile the code yourself you can download it from http://yenigul.net/change_hostid/hid-1.7.4.tar.gz

2. Save the original hostid to somewhere. (just for safety)

# hostid >/etc/hostid_orig

3. set permission of hid_solaris2 as 755
# chmod 755 /var/hid_solaris2
(I assume that hid_solaris2 is under /var/ directory)

4.To set new hostid (i.e 84abe39d) issue the following command

# /var/hid_solaris2 84abe39d |sh

physmem 2e694
hw_serial: 0x32323130 = 0x32323235
hw_serial+4: 0x39313931 = 0x38353734
hw_serial+8: 0x36390000 = 0x33370000

5. new hostid will be active until next reboot. To enable it again at startup add this command to
solaris startup scripts. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Changing HostID---Urgent

Hi all, How can I change hostID on SUN Server with sun4u architecture? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
3 Replies

2. Solaris

procedure to change hostid of Sun server

Hello Everybody I would like to know that I have configure the OS & other application on the SunFire V440 server 1) If suppose no hostid base software install in that v440 server & if some problem comes in the motherboard of that server. If I remove the harddisk ( on which Solaris & other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - HOSTID changed ???

Hello everybody, please , I need an urgent help. I reinstalled our server Sun X4150. What was changed: our two disks were changed to raid1 and I installed a never version of Solaris 10 (previously the version from 12/2009 was used, now a version from 03/2010). what I'm surprised, the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeangel
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Change hostid for software install - license issue

Hi all. Solaris 9. After I change the hostid, how can I change it back without rebooting the machine? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Change Solaris hostid

Hi, I've searched the UNIX forum looking for a simple procedure how to change\control my Solaris server hostid. I did found few threads but all of them either have broken links to all kinds of scripts or not described simply for some UNIX beginers user like me. Can anyone assist me? I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: avisht
21 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find HostID?

Dear All, I am facing a simple problem . I have a x6270 server attached to a M6000 chasis. The server is fresh i:e O/S is not installed in it. Now the customer is asking for the HostID of that server. I have tried every possible way but i am not able to find the HostID .I went through the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to change hostid saved in rpool?

Hi, We have a Sun M5000. I am now trying to boot the second system domain by using the boot disk (a mirrored boot disk actually) of the first domain (if succeed then no OS installation is needed for the second domain). I got the following errors: SPARC Enterprise M5000 Server, using Domain... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
21 Replies

8. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

How can I change hostid?

There is no /etc/hostid file. I know that there is no relationship between with MAC address and hostid. There are a lot of scripts on the net but how can I exactly do in my case. :rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Change hostid to particullar string

Hello guys, currently I'm working on migration services from physical to virtual server (RHEL 6). One form applications is binded to hostid of old server. I put value of hostid from old server to the /etc/hostid on new server, but output of hostid command is giving nonsenses then. #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
0 Replies
body(n) 							    [incr Tcl]								   body(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
body - change the body for a class method/proc SYNOPSIS
itcl::body className::function args body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The body command is used outside of an [incr Tcl] class definition to define or redefine the body of a class method or proc. This facility allows a class definition to have separate "interface" and "implementation" parts. The "interface" part is a class command with declara- tions for methods, procs, instance variables and common variables. The "implementation" part is a series of body and configbody commands. If the "implementation" part is kept in a separate file, it can be sourced again and again as bugs are fixed, to support interactive devel- opment. When using the "tcl" mode in the emacs editor, the "interface" and "implementation" parts can be kept in the same file; as bugs are fixed, individual bodies can be highlighted and sent to the test application. The name "className::function" identifies the method/proc being changed. If an args list was specified when the function was defined in the class definition, the args list for the body command must match in mean- ing. Variable names can change, but the argument lists must have the same required arguments and the same default values for optional arguments. The special args argument acts as a wildcard when included in the args list in the class definition; it will match zero or more arguments of any type when the body is redefined. If the body string starts with "@", it is treated as the symbolic name for a C procedure. The args list has little meaning for the C pro- cedure, except to document the expected usage. (The C procedure is not guaranteed to use arguments in this manner.) If body does not start with "@", it is treated as a Tcl command script. When the function is invoked, command line arguments are matched against the args list, and local variables are created to represent each argument. This is the usual behavior for a Tcl-style proc. Symbolic names for C procedures are established by registering procedures via Itcl_RegisterC(). This is usually done in the Tcl_AppInit() procedure, which is automatically called when the interpreter starts up. In the following example, the procedure My_FooCmd() is registered with the symbolic name "foo". This procedure can be referenced in the body command as "@foo". int Tcl_AppInit(interp) Tcl_Interp *interp; /* Interpreter for application. */ { if (Itcl_Init(interp) == TCL_ERROR) { return TCL_ERROR; } if (Itcl_RegisterC(interp, "foo", My_FooCmd) != TCL_OK) { return TCL_ERROR; } } EXAMPLE
In the following example, a "File" class is defined to represent open files. The method bodies are included below the class definition via the body command. Note that the bodies of the constructor/destructor must be included in the class definition, but they can be redefined via the body command as well. itcl::class File { private variable fid "" constructor {name access} { set fid [open $name $access] } destructor { close $fid } method get {} method put {line} method eof {} } itcl::body File::get {} { return [gets $fid] } itcl::body File::put {line} { puts $fid $line } itcl::body File::eof {} { return [::eof $fid] } # # See the File class in action: # File x /etc/passwd "r" while {![x eof]} { puts "=> [x get]" } itcl::delete object x KEYWORDS
class, object, procedure itcl 3.0 body(n)