Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mod_ssl redirect to site if client does not have valid certificate Post 302216868 by zaxxon on Monday 21st of July 2008 10:21:37 AM
Old 07-21-2008
Can you check the Apache's access_log (or whatever it's name it is for the access log in your config) - the should be entries like for example:
Code:
10.10.1.23 - - [17/Jul/2008:07:07:47 +0200] "GET /somedir HTTP/1.1" 401 1446

The 401 is the error code in this example which is what you can configure in your httpd.conf or include file for it, afaik.
When you reproduce that "SSL_ERROR_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE_ALERT" error, you should check what kind of entry you get added in the access log I mentioned above. Maybe you can write a directive for that then like mentioned in one of my former answers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Mod_ssl patch for Apache server v2.0.49

Hi there, Please help, anyone know where to download latest Mod_SSL patch for Apache server v2.0.49 . Have tried www.apache.org but there is not latest patch available. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_jeffhang
8 Replies

2. Web Development

Apache:mod_ssl:Error: Private key not found

hi folks, I have Apache 2.2.8 running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga). I have installed a purchased certificate on my server. Upon restarting httpd, I get the following error: # /etc/init.d/httpd start Apache/2.2.8 mod_ssl/2.2.8 (Pass Phrase Dialog) Some of your... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemotech
0 Replies

3. Programming

Unable to use libcurl to access a site requiring client authentication

I’m using the below snipped for setting the certificate and key for client authentication. curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERT,"clientCert.pem"); curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD,"changeit"); curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE,"PEM"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a webservice and pass a client certificate

Hi, I am trying to call a http soap webservice using curl command , I have tried the below option but I am getting a failure . curl -H "Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8" -H SOAPAction:" -d @Request.xml -X POST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sign Soap Message from client certificate from UNIX

I have to call a webservice , I need to pass the static request from Unix which should have message signing details in the soap header . I am using cURL command for this. I do not have java , I need to do it through Unix only . Below is the kind of Soap envelop I want to wrap around my request .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

To download mod_ssl for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 Beta (Tikanga)

Hi, Anyone know how and where to download mod_ssl package into Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 Beta (Tikanga) ? could you also show what's the procedure to apply the mod_ssl into the server and how to apply the digital cert into apache server and so on. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckwan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to install new certificate in HPUX client store?

We have a HPUX server that talks to a web service. We recently updated the web service certificate to a new SHA256 cert that has an updated intermediate cert. The HPUX server is now unable to connect because it cannot validate the cert chain due to it not having the new intermediate CA cert. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmattr
0 Replies

10. Programming

Python- Client and server certificate validation

Hello Team, I have to verify the Client server certificate validation in HTTPS request(SSL hand shake before the actual HTTPS post request), And tried various ways and failed to verify it successfully. here are the trials and errors, resp = requests.post(url, req, verify=True, timeout=5,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana.hs
0 Replies
check_ssl_cert(1)						   USER COMMANDS						 check_ssl_cert(1)

NAME
check_ssl_cert - checks the validity of X.509 certificates SYNOPSIS
check_ssl_cert -H host [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
check_ssl_cert A Nagios plugin to check an X.509 certificate: - checks if the server is running and delivers a valid certificate - checks if the CA matches a given pattern - checks the validity ARGUMENTS
-H,--host host server OPTIONS
-A,--noauth ignore authority warnings (expiration only) --altnames matches the pattern specified in -n with alternate names too -C,--clientcert path use client certificate to authenticate --clientpass phrase set passphrase for client certificate. -c,--critical days minimum number of days a certificate has to be valid to issue a critical status -e,--email address pattern to match the email address contained in the certificate -f,--file file local file path (works with -H localhost only) -h,--help,-? this help message -i,--issuer issuer pattern to match the issuer of the certificate -n,---cn name pattern to match the CN of the certificate -N,--host-cn match CN with the host name -o,--org org pattern to match the organization of the certificate --openssl path path of the openssl binary to be used -p,--port port TCP port -P,--protocol protocol use the specific protocol: http (default) or smtp,pop3,imap,ftp (switch to TLS) -s,--selfsigned allows self-signed certificates -r,--rootcert cert root certificate or directory to be used for certficate validation (passed to openssl's -CAfile or -CApath) -t,--timeout seconds timeout after the specified time (defaults to 15 seconds) --temp dir directory where to store the temporary files -v,--verbose verbose output -V,--version version -w,--warning days minimum number of days a certificate has to be valid to issue a warning status DEPRECATED OPTIONS
-d,--days days minimum number of days a certificate has to be valid (see --critical and --warning) SEE ALSO
x509(1), openssl(1), expect(1) EXIT STATUS
check_ssl_cert returns a zero exist status if it finds no errors, 1 for warnings, 2 for a critical errors and 3 for unknown problems BUGS
Please report bugs to: Matteo Corti (matteo.corti (at) id.ethz.ch) AUTHOR
Matteo Corti (matteo.corti (at) id.ethz.ch) See the AUTHORS file for the complete list of contributors 1.13.0 April, 2012 check_ssl_cert(1)