Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sorting files with find command before sending to text file Post 302216627 by deking on Sunday 20th of July 2008 04:23:49 PM
Old 07-20-2008
Thank you so much!!!!! this is a useful forum

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for command(s)/ script to find a text string within a file

I need to search through all files with different file suffixes in a directory structure to locate any files containing a specific string (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrwelden
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending text files as attachments

Hi, I have used the following command to send a text file "archiver.log" as attachment. (cat mail.log; uuencode archiver.log archiver.log; ) | mailx -s "Failure" asd@a.com : But in the mail i am not getting new lines in the text file.New Lines are getting replaced with some weird... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attaching file and sending text in body using sendmail command!!

Hello, I need to send with text in the body and 2 files as attachments using sendmail command. i can send only one at a time either attachment or text in body of email. Can any one please help me how to get that? I will be great for any help. Thanks, Sparan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparan_peddu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

faster command than find for sorting?

I'm sorting files from a source directory by size into 4 categories then copying them into 4 corresponding folders, just wondering if there's a faster/better/more_elegant way to do this: find /home/user/sourcefiles -type f -size -400000k -exec /bin/cp -uv {} /home/user/medfiles/ \; find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect a input of find command into a text file

Hello friends, I want a command to print the reult files from find command into a text file.:) Iam looking from forum memebers. PLZ help me.ASAP Thanks in Advance, Siva Ranganath CH (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass file text into find command

Hi all, I have a large text file and also a smaller list of program names. I want to find out how many of those programs exist in the large text file. Can someone help me with the command/script please. The program list is along the lines of tranwe2 tranwe3 tranye5 etc so basically I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex data sorting in excel files or text files

Dear all, I have a complex data file shown below,,,,, A_ABCD_13208 0 0 4.16735 141044 902449 1293900 168919 C_ABCD_13208 0 0 4.16735 141044 902449 1293900 168919 A_ABCDEF715 52410.9 18598.2 10611 10754.7 122535 252426 36631.4 C_DBCDI_1353 0... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAWT
19 Replies

8. Solaris

Monitoring log file for entries - Find command & sorting

hi, I would like to monitor a log file, which rolls over, everytime a server is restarted. I would like to grep for a string, and to be more efficient i'd like to grep only newly appended data. so something like a 'tail -f' would do, however, as the log rolls over i think a 'tail -F' is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies

9. Linux

Search only text files with 'find' command?

I've been using this to search an entire directory recursively for a specific phrase in my code (html, css, php, javascript, etc.): find dir_name -type f -exec grep -l "phrase" {} \; The problem is that it searches ALL files in the directory 'dir_name', even binary ones such as large JPEG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Collider
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting indented text files

Hello, I'm trying to find a solution or a proper tool for the following job: I need to sort a text document with indented sections, so all levels of indentation are sorted independently for each section. Particularly, I need this for Cisco routers' running config files to compare them with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kobel
2 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)