Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find and replace using sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find and replace using sed Post 302216337 by arvind_aks15 on Friday 18th of July 2008 05:26:51 PM
Old 07-18-2008
getting something like this in Debugg "set -x"
used your suggestion
sed "s/'$s'/'$h'/g" filename
o/p ++ sed 's/'\''93 '\''/'\''101 '\''/g'

earlier getting something as
o/p ++ sed 's/93 /101 /g'
when using this: sed "s/$s/$h/g" filename

problem not resolved

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern and replace using sed.

Hi I need to help on finding the below pattern using sed <b><a href="/home/document.do?assetkey=x-y-abcde-1&searchclause=photo"> and replace as below in the same line on the index file. <b><a href="/abcde.html"> thx in advance. Mari (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maridhasan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with find and Replace using sed

I have to update a paramater (dateMemLimit) present in a file, with a date (YYYYMMDD) equal to 5 days before the sysdate. The parameter will be in the following format. dateMemLimit = 20091201 Please note the blank spaces present between 'dateMemLimit' &'=' and between '='... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh8s
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace with SED

Hello all I have a file with a lot of records...Each one have a ID like this: 000000001 LDR L -----nam--2200217Ia-45e0 000000001 891 000000001 892 000000001 893 and so on then you have the second record: 000000002 LDR L -----nam--2200208Ia-15e0 000000002 891 000000002... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace with sed

Hi, I have two files file1 :> val="10" port="localhost:8080" httpadd="http:\\192.168.0.239" file2 :> val=${val} port=${port} httpadd=${httpadd} fileloc=${fileloc} file3(or file2) should have following output(input from fileone) file3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin.pathak
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace using SED

I need to do a find and replace. I tried below logic but getting warnings Could you please help? a=`echo "<!DOCTYPE aaaaa bbbbb \"sample.dtd\">"` b="<!DOCTYPE aaaaa bbbbb \" /a/b/c/datain/d_k/sample.dtd \">" echo $a | sed -e "s/$a/$b/" > c.txt getting the following error sed:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace with sed

Hi, I have a file such that: tart*)*98'bank'ksb64bank)(tart2d&f44bank I want to replace to: (only between tart and bank) tart*)*98'replaced'ksb64bank)(tart2d&f44replaced Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace using sed command

The content of the file filea.txt is as follows. --------- case $HOSTNAME in aaa) DS_PARM_VALUE_SET=vsDev APT_Configuration_File=/appl/infoserver/Server/Configurations/2node.apt ;; bbb) DS_PARM_VALUE_SET=vsQA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace using sed

File 1,2,33,C,B 3,5,66,K,R 1,2,33,H,M 3,5,66,M,C 6,9,66,J,F I will use the below command to find and replace in sed, where I'm using variable to find pattern. while read line do sed 's/$line/77/' file done<inputfile But here I need to find value in column 3 and... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
26 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace using sed

Hi All, I have a file as shown below: myFile.dat #---------------------------------------------------------- dataFile { Name shiva; location Delhi; travelID IDNumber; } 4 ( 560065 700007 100001 200002 )... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed find 2 strings and replace one

Hi Everyone, I want to find this 2 strings in a single line a file and replace the second string. this is the line i need to find <param name="user" value="CORE_BI"/> find user and CORE_BI and replace only CORE_BI with admin so finally the line should look like this. <param... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajay12
5 Replies
MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MERGE(1)

NAME
merge - three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
merge [ options ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
merge incorporates all changes that lead from file2 to file3 into file1. The result ordinarily goes into file1. merge is useful for com- bining separate changes to an original. Suppose file2 is the original, and both file1 and file3 are modifications of file2. Then merge combines both changes. A conflict occurs if both file1 and file3 have changes in a common segment of lines. If a conflict is found, merge normally outputs a warning and brackets the conflict with and lines. A typical conflict will look like this: file A lines in file A ======= lines in file B file B If there are conflicts, the user should edit the result and delete one of the alternatives. OPTIONS
-A Output conflicts using the -A style of diff3(1), if supported by diff3. This merges all changes leading from file2 to file3 into file1, and generates the most verbose output. -E, -e These options specify conflict styles that generate less information than -A. See diff3(1) for details. The default is -E. With -e, merge does not warn about conflicts. -L label This option may be given up to three times, and specifies labels to be used in place of the corresponding file names in conflict reports. That is, merge -L x -L y -L z a b c generates output that looks like it came from files x, y and z instead of from files a, b and c. -p Send results to standard output instead of overwriting file1. -q Quiet; do not warn about conflicts. -V Print version number. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 for no conflicts, 1 for some conflicts, 2 for trouble. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Manual Page Revision: ; Release Date: . Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 Walter F. Tichy. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 Paul Eggert. SEE ALSO
diff3(1), diff(1), rcsmerge(1), co(1). BUGS
It normally does not make sense to merge binary files as if they were text, but merge tries to do it anyway. GNU MERGE(1)