Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How can I move a file to a webserver every 5 minutes? Post 302216266 by osulinux on Friday 18th of July 2008 12:18:01 PM
Old 07-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynilesh
1. keep your script running continuously is not a good option. Let cron do that.
Why isn't it a good option?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Issue with setup.hp file for webserver

Hi All, I have an issue in writing the shell script to install a webserver on UNIX system. My shell script look something like this. ------------------------------------------------------------ echo "start of the script" #! /bin/sh cd /home/path echo | setup.hp -is:javaconsole -console... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishalm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to move certain number of files every 10 minutes.

Hi, I need to move a certain number of files every 10 minutes from one folder to another. I have written the script below, however its not working, please advise. #! /bin/ksh start() { mv /test1/$(head -1000 /movetst) /test2/ sleep 600 } stop() { exit } ls ti* >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the age of a file in Minutes

KSH: Please lt me know how to find the age of a file in minutes(Based on last modified time). ie, if the file was modified 15 Minutes ago, the output should be 15 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari_anj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop append to file after 5 minutes

Hi all, I've got a grep command, in which the value (a number) is being appended into a file. Such file will have this output: 100 105 300 204 150 ... ... 120 113 124 This file will continue to append, since the grep line runs every 10 seconds. Is there a way to stop the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wizard_1979
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all .log except those generated in the last 5 minutes

RHEL 5.8 In the directory /u03/pkms/app_logs I have several hundreds of log files as shown below. $ pwd /u03/pkms/app_logs $ ls -alrt *.log | tail -50 -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 9439232 May 4 13:57 mvtpcem_1_722892404_94157.log -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 9227264 May 4 13:57... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file creation Time minutes and if file older then 5 minutes execute some stuff

Hello all, Info: System RedHat 7.5 I need to create a script that based on the creation time, if the file is older then 5 minutes then execute some stuff, if not exit. I thought to get the creation time and minutes like this. CreationTime=$(stat -c %y /tmp/test.log | awk -F" " '{ print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

rsync a file as it gets created and after 3 minutes old

- run a backup job - The jobs creates partial files one after the other, about 2 minutes interval. What i want to do is that while the job is still running or while a file was last modified or created 3 minutes ago, the file should be rsync to a remote server untill the last file has been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
4 Replies
apticron(1)						      General Commands Manual						       apticron(1)

NAME
apticron - Generate a mail listing packages which are pending an upgrade SYNOPSIS
apticron [--cron] DESCRIPTION
apticron is a shell script which generates a mail with a list of all packages currently pending an upgrade, as well as summary of changes - using apt-listchanges - to a configurable Email address. apticron is mainly intended for automatic notification of pending security updates but can also be used in many other situations where timely updates are necessary. The --cron option is only meant to be used when invoked by cron in order to run no more than once a day. FILES
/etc/apticron/apticron.conf Configuration file, Email address to mail and profile for use with apt-listchanges are configurable. /etc/cron.d/apticron Cron job for executing apticron daily. /etc/cron.daily/apticron Fallback cron script for executing apticron (if no crond running or system down at designated time). /var/lib/misc/apticron.cron Time stamp file used by apticron when invoked with --cron option. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-listchanges(1), cron(8) AUTHOR
Apticron was initially developed by Colm MacCarthaigh <colm.maccarthaigh@heanet.ie> with contributions from Marc Sherman <msherman@projec- tile.ca>. Since 2006 it is maintained and improved by Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org>. apticron(1)