Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: (Req)Shell script req
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting (Req)Shell script req Post 302216239 by joeyg on Friday 18th of July 2008 10:39:25 AM
Old 07-18-2008
Question More info needed on your environment...

As zaxxon asked previously.
Where is data stored?
How do you want (or can) move data elsewhere?

You can
> cp /ora/8i/data/*.db /backup/ora/8i/data

or you can do some kind of find command
> find blah-blah -exec some-special-commands

Without specifics, it can be hard for anyone here to understand what you need. This is especialy so for those of us without an Oracle system and thus the knowledge of how that data is stored.

So, the more details, the better.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Req:Advanced kernel bible

Hi I am looking out for a book which will help admins to fine tune kernel & know in & out of it.. (Linux or Solaris.) Can anyone suggest me a gud book. thanks gokul. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulagiridaran
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Suggestions Req

Hi all, I have worked on HP UNIX and now i have moved to SunSolaris which i never used to work. I am more on programming side like shell and perl scripting. So i want to know from you experts that i need to take care or changes which i code in sun solaris in compared to HP unix. Suggestions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

ARP Req Pkt

Does ARP Request packet Contains MAC Address of dest during broadcast? I found It So... When i captured ARP Req Pkts on ethereal... Rgds -Meti (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokmeti
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Req the mail send from unix script

Hi , I want to send mail in my script when i am not a super user. Can some one help me on that .. Regards, Balamani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamani
1 Replies

5. Linux

Help req for...shell script to catch "db2 connect" errors ...

Hello friends, Assume that, I am trying to execute a "db2 connect" command from Linux shell prompt via a shell script called "sample" sample db2 connect to bas39 $sample If the database is not present its should display a custom error message by catching the error message given by db2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[REQ] Automatic script kill process

HI, I'm using CentOS 5.1 x86_64, CPanel .. a lot of my users used too much resource, i want to write a script to kill all of them. Eg: LFD always notify me: Time: Sun Apr 27 07:40:08 2008 Account: xxxx (my user) Resource: Virtual Memory Size Exceeded: 110 > 100 (MB)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onisoc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help req with grep + sed

HI all, i have a line in a file it cantains one;two_1_10;two_2_10;two_3_10;three~ now i need to get the output as one;two_1_abc_10;two_2_abc_10;two_3_abc_10;three~ ( 1 should be replaced with 1_abc for two__10 , and one more thing the number of occurances of two_value_10 will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Req help on writing shell script

My script needs user input within time period of 1 min or may be with within 30 sec. Flow diagram: if (user provides input within 1 min) then script runs on the basis of user input else script runs on the basis of default input(hard coded in the script) .Any help in this script is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvr_satya
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Help req for Patching on Solaris 10 Zones

Hi Experts, Can advise on this: Global zone running on solaris 10, & the local zones on top running on solaris 9, but we need to patch the solaris 9 local zones & also the solaris 10 global zone. Which should be patched first to avoid any crash in case, first local zones... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fizan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file - custom req.

Hello everybody, I have a file to split in a bit different way. My file looks like this: My_file.dat 123333333|01|38|440X|P 384747382|32|31|440X|P 320384743|32|54|420Y|I 843739349|12|43|420Y|I I need to split it into: MYFILE_440X_P.dat 123333333|01|38 384747382|32|31 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bijou
3 Replies
mount.ocfs2(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						    mount.ocfs2(8)

NAME
mount.ocfs2 - mount an OCFS2 filesystem SYNOPSIS
mount.ocfs2 [-vn] [-o options] device dir DESCRIPTION
mount.ocfs2 mounts an OCFS2 filesystem at dir. It is usually invoked indirectly by the mount(8) command when using the -t ocfs2 option. OPTIONS
_netdev The filesystem resides on a device that requires network access (used to prevent the system from attempting to mount these filesys- tems until the network has been enabled on the system). mount.ocfs2 transparently appends this option during mount. However, users mounting the volume via /etc/fstab must explicitly specify this mount option to delay the system from mounting the volume until after the network has been enabled. atime_quantum=nrsec The file system will not update atime unless this number of seconds has passed since the last update. Set to zero to always update atime. It defaults to 60 secs. relatime The file system only update atime if the previous atime is older than mtime or ctime. noatime The file system will not update access time. acl / noacl Enables / disables POSIX ACLs (Access Control Lists) support. user_xattr / nouser_xattr Enables / disables Extended User Attributes. commit=nrsec Sync all data and metadata every nrsec seconds. The default value is 5 seconds. Zero means default. data=ordered / data=writeback Specifies the handling of file data during metadata journalling. ordered This is the default mode. All data is forced directly out to the main file system prior to its metadata being committed to the journal. writeback Data ordering is not preserved - data may be written into the main file system after its metadata has been committed to the journal. This is rumored to be the highest-throughput option. While it guarantees internal file system integrity, it can allow old data to appear in files after a crash and journal recovery. datavolume This mount option has been deprecated in OCFS2 1.6. It has been used in the past (OCFS2 1.2 and OCFS2 1.4), to force the Oracle RDBMS to issue direct IOs to the hosted data files, control files, redo logs, archive logs, voting disk, cluster registry, etc. It has been deprecated because it is no longer required. Oracle RDBMS users should instead use the init.ora parameter, filesys- temio_options, to enable direct IOs. errors=remount-ro / errors=panic Define the behavior when an error is encountered. (Either remount the file system read-only, or panic and halt the system.) By default, the file system is remounted read only. localflocks This disables cluster-aware flock(2). intr / nointr The default is intr that allows signals to interrupt cluster operations. nointr disables signals during cluster operations. ro Mount the file system read-only. rw Mount the file system read-write. SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) debugfs.ocfs2(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.4.3 February 2010 mount.ocfs2(8)