Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Archiving by Time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Archiving by Time Post 302216204 by aefskysa on Friday 18th of July 2008 07:53:39 AM
Old 07-18-2008
It is still open. I did not see an option among the man page for "find" to get the largest file. Which option is it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving

I am looking for some advice. I have some files on a Unix server, which contain symbolic links. I need to copy these over to a nfts environment, but wish to keep the symbolic links intact. Any ideas? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmasonuk
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving Users

Hello Gurus, I have a requirement where I have to remove users that have not logged into our unix box last 90 days. I want to script this one and remove the users automatically now and then. Has any one ever done this before, if so please give me some sample code. I am not a good unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suseesk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving

Hi, I want to archive below directory ex: /home/oracle/dd0 sub-directories in dd0 /home/oracle/dd0/backup/backup1 /home/oracle/dd0/backup/backup2 /home/oracle/dd0/dmp ....etc I want a command(tar) which will let me archive the above directory excluding *.dmp(dump files), *.log(log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving Problem

Hi friends I work on UNIX Operating system and I have many servers. ADM server make archiving for special data every day inside XYZ directory at specific time,the next time SPERADM server will take that archiving data to put them in same directory (inside SPERADM server). Now archiving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving and move files in the same time

Hi All, I have tried so many command but none work like i wanted. I would like archive which i assume it will move the files and archive it somewhere. for example: if i have a folder and files: /home/blah/test /home/blah/hello /home/blah/foo/bar i would like to archive folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with archiving using find

Dear Unix Experts, I am trying to backup some legacy data based on date. I am pasting a small portion from the ls -al command from my session for reference. athena>ls -al ./nmr/exam1d_13C: total 32 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 May 1 2008 1/ drwxrwxrwx 3 root ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaison75
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple archiving

Hi, I am a UNIX novice and was trying to write a bash script that would read two parameters, $1 would be the archive file path where the archiving path is passed, so the archiving script will write to this file path. The second parameter will be the directory path to the library which will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pernuntium
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to reduce time of archiving

hi all, i have written the following script that does this work: 1. copy large logs files from one server to another. 2. then unzip this files and extraxt from these large https logs only those fields that are neccesary. 3. then archive the extracted logs to new files. BUT the problem is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving or removing few data from log file in real time

Hi, I have a log file that gets updated every second. Currently the size has grown to 20+ GB. I need to have a command/script, that will try to get the actual size of the file and will remove 50% of the data that are in the log file. I don't mind removing the data as the size has grown to huge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Souvik Patra
8 Replies
WeekCalculator(3pm)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				       WeekCalculator(3pm)

NAME
Lire::WeekCalculator - handle different weeknumbering schemes SYNOPSIS
use Lire::WeekCalculator; my $week_calc = new Lire::WeekCalculator(); my $week_no = $week_calc->week_number( $time ); DESCRIPTION
We support three values for LR_WEEK_NUMBERING: ISO (strftime's %V): week starts on monday; W (week starts on monday) and U (week starts on sunday). See strftime(1). CONSTRUCTOR
new( %params ) Creates a new week calculator. The style of week numbering is selected using the "style" parameter. If that parameter is omitted, it defaults to the style set in 'lr_week_numbering' configuration variable. style() Returns the week numbering style used. This will be either "U", "W" or "ISO". week_number( $time ) Returns the week number of $time according the current week numbering scheme. The week number returned is between 1 and 53. week_idx( $time ) Returns the week index of $time according to the week numbering scheme. The week index is Lire specific and is used to normalise computations between different scheme in regards of the first incomplete week of the year. In the ISO case, the week index is always equals to week_number() - 1, for the other style, the week index of the week 0 will be one less than the last week number of the previous year. last_week_of_year($year) Returns the week number of the last week in the year $year. week_start( $year, $week_no ) Returns the epoch time of the first day of week $week_no in year $year when calculated using current style. find_year_week1_start_date($year) Returns the date (epoch) at which the first day of the first week of the year $year starts. strformat() Returns a string that can be used as the format specificier in calls to strftime to print the week number of this style. strfdate() Emulates POSIX::strftime() but picks up the %V if the system strftime doesn't support it. Should be called whenever you use format strings that may contain week-of-the-year-codes. AUTHORS
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org>, Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org>, Wessel Dankers <wsl@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: WeekCalculator.pm,v 1.16 2006/07/23 13:16:30 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 WeekCalculator(3pm)