Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X11 in solaris
Operating Systems Solaris X11 in solaris Post 302216161 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 18th of July 2008 06:10:15 AM
Old 07-18-2008
which version of solaris?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 and its problems.....

I was running X11 through Terminal by "xinit" and I got the error: XFree86 Version 4.3.0 / X Window System (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6600) _XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

x11

Tried to install x11 on my powerbook with tiger (apple support can't help me) I want x11 so I can install open office I don't know anything about mac ' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josiah Olson
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to config x11 and connect to solaris using vncviewer under Windows XP

dear bro. I using /usr/X11/bin/xorgconfig command configed xorg, and sync && init 6 but after restarted, used svcs -a to checked services status: maintenance 23:41:50 svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default How to solve this problem and connect to solaris using vncviewer under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: P2Baby
5 Replies

5. Linux

xset errors when trying to remote x11 from solaris

Hi all, Trying to achieve: Remote X11 app (advance trader workstation... really old) from solaris to linux. This app uses a startup script that loads some fonts via xset. I get an error from xset saying "incorrect font server address or syntax" Of course its not correct since i'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

7. Solaris

X11 errors on Solaris 10 - SL Console not showing up

Hi all, I have been administrating large backup environments for quite some time now, but I have never seen the types of errors I'm getting for a client I have in Asia, so I humbly appeal to your expertise in order to fix things. Set up: StreamLine 8500 library connected to a Solaris... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilibau
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Building X11 applications on Solaris 10

Hi all, I'm trying to verify that I can build x applications on Solaris 10 and am using xcalc & xeyes as my test applications: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xcalc git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xeyes Running autogen.sh on this fails with: error: must install xorg-macros... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: testers1717
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Shared Memory Corruption with X11

I am having a problem with shared memory corruption. I have two 86 servers running Solaris 10 (150400-06). One of the servers is accessed by a Sun Ray thin client Version 11.1.3.0.2.6. I login into server one from the thin client. I then ssh -X to server two. When a process that contains a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salerno
2 Replies