Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Selectionbox, script which opens more than one file at once? Post 302216132 by zaxxon on Friday 18th of July 2008 04:25:08 AM
Old 07-18-2008
Quote:
I need a script for framemaker
Ah sorry, didn't see that - have no clue of that scripting language, sorry. Ein Shell Script wäre vermutlich kein Problem gewesen Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI opens slow

when ever I try to vi a file that resides on another machines it takes forever for it to open. Does anyone have any ideas why it would be doing this? I have 7 unix machines and the only two that do this are both running tru64. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moca4444
6 Replies

2. Linux

Port that a process opens up

Hi all, I have a process with PID as 12456. Could you please let me know how do i find out what is the port that process listens upon in Linux? Thanks in Advance, Pankajakshan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Port that a process opens up

Hi all, I have a process with PID as 12456. Could you please let me know how do i find out what is the port that process listens upon in Linux? Thanks in Advance, Pankajakshan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Position to last line when vi opens a file.

Any Idea without entering any keystroke I can go to end of line in vi when I opening the file. When I am opening Vi I want to goto last line. when I give vi + filename it does not work. Any clue why it does not work. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekb
3 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Programatically change which opens a file type

Hi there, If we have 2 apps on our customers machines that can both open files of a certain file extension, is there any way via shell commands to set which application should be the default? Essentially, I'm hoping to replicate Get Info > Open With > Change All, but using a script. Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

include virtual perl-script - submit button opens a new page..

hello 2 all I can't understand how to insert a perl-script into .shml in a right way. <form> should be working but it's not doing that: <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/script.cgi?filename"--> filename is a name of the file which script is using the script is used for a score show (the number... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
0 Replies

7. Web Development

include virtual perl-script - submit button opens a new page..

hello 2 all I can't understand how to insert a perl-script into .shml in a right way. <form> should be working but it's not doing that: <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/script.cgi?filename"--> filename is a name of the file which script is using the script is used for a score show (the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmails works, but opens 43 file handles per email -> problem

I'm using Sendmail 8.13.8 on a CentOS 5.5 vServer (Virtuozzo). I'm using a loop in PHP to send a lot of HTML-mails via sendmail. Each mail is a mail with individual statistics for our users, so its not mass mailing, bcc is not an option. It all works fine, but when I take a closer look there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZX81
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] Extra tab opens

Hello everyone, This code is working right using mate-terminal but with xfce4-terminal for some reason, it open up an extra tab... Could someone please help me out to understand why this is happening? #!/bin/bash cd "$(dirname "$0")"/files tab=" --tab" title=" --title" options=()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soichiro
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-akq] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. The following options are available: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-D (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
January 22, 2004 BSD