Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX deinstall devices.fcp.disk.array.rte Post 302216081 by ronykris on Friday 18th of July 2008 12:56:31 AM
Old 07-18-2008
deinstall devices.fcp.disk.array.rte

Hello,

I am trying to "deinstall devices.fcp.disk.array.rte" fileset from an AIX5.3 box. Have been unsuccessful so far. "smit remove" threw the below error:
FAILURES
--------
Filesets listed in this section failed pre-deinstall verification
and will not be removed.

Non-Deinstallable Filesets
--------------------------
The following filesets were selected for deinstallation. Deinstallability
checks indicate that they should not be removed from the system.

devices.fcp.disk.array.rte

<< End of Failure Section >>

FILESET STATISTICS
------------------
1 Selected to be deinstalled, of which:
1 FAILED pre-deinstall verification
----
0 Total to be deinstalled

Pre-installation Failure/Warning Summary
----------------------------------------
Name Level Pre-installation Failure/Warning
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
devices.fcp.disk.array.rt Failed pre-deinstallation check

Am I missing something here? I need to get the rdac uninstalled to work with MPIO. But do not seem to run into any sort of luck.. Need help!

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disk devices in solaris 10 x86

I'm trying to mirror 2 eide disks on a solaris 10 x86 system. Im trying to use the prtvtoc | fmthard command to mirror the vtoc. How do they represent the entire disk like in solaris 9 (c0t0d0s2 = entire device) 0. c0d0 <DEFAULT cyl 26497 alt 2 hd 16 sec 63> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. AIX

Need help in uninstalling devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte on 5.3

Hello, I have been trying to uninstall devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte from an aix5.3 box but have not been successful because it shows a whole list of dependant bos & devices packages. I have tried deleting the hdisks, dars and the dacs using rmdev -dl, but it still doesn't work. Any help on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronykris
2 Replies

3. AIX

how do I change major-minor numbers of disk devices

Good evening ... does anyone of you know how to change major/minor numbers of disk devices ? I had to migrate from raid1 to raid5 and this messed up my ASM cluster - I know which devices should have which IDs to match the content - but I have no idea how to change it. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Doubt in AIX and HP-UX disk devices addressing

Hi people, Does anyone know how the AIX form the hdisk addresses ? I mean, if the AIX use the SAN fields like switch id, domain id, port id and etc... After I understand that my next question is: Why the AIX do not change the hdisks addressing if I change the AIX HBAs of the SAN switch and/or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rapina
1 Replies

5. Solaris

WARNING: /pseudo/fcp@0 (fcp0):...at server A70

I have server console, SunOS console 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,A70. This server act as console. But at 20 Jully 2010, coming out error message like this : Jul 20 13:07:44 in.routed: discard RIP response; source 10.1.251.2 not on interface ce4 Jul 20 14:06:16 iscsi: NOTICE:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
2 Replies

6. AIX

Deactivating HACMP without deinstall

Looking at the configuration of the cluster from clshowres it seems to be have 3 nodes but one acting as a backup. Version of HACMP is 5.2 Node A --> Node C Node B --> Node C However, looking at the current services running from clshowsrv -a, I can only see clcomd running. clstrmgrES,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
4 Replies

7. Solaris

./deinstall: Exited from program error

I am wondering if I can get some help here. I am deinstalling Oracle home on solaris. Downloaded deintsall zip file from oracle and then ran ./deinstall -home (Full Path) 10 seconds later I get this: Any idea how to resolve this issue? $ ./deinstall -home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
4 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

9. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies

10. AIX

Devices.vscsi.disk ?

Hello, When I assigned CDROM from IVM (VIOS) to LPAR and then running cfgmgr i get the following message on the client lpar #cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.vscsi.disk searching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies
fcp(7D) 							      Devices								   fcp(7D)

NAME
fcp - Fibre Channel protocol driver DESCRIPTION
The fcp driver is the upper layer protocol that supports mechanisms for transporting SCSI-3 commands over Fibre Channel. The fcp driver, which interfaces with the Sun Fibre Channel transport library fctl(7D), supports the standard functions provided by the SCSA interface. FILES
/kernel/drv/fcp 32-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/amd64/fcp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/fcp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (SPARC) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Unknown | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfcp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtconf(1M), driver.conf(4), fctl(7D), fp(7D), usoc(7D) Writing Device Drivers Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.230: 1994 Fibre Channel Generic Services (FC-GS-2) Project 1134-D Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.272-1996 Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP) ANSI X3.269-1996 SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM) Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) ANSI X3.270-1996 Fabric Loop Attachment (FC-FLA), NCITS TR-20:1998 SunOS 5.10 20 Oct 2004 fcp(7D)