Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what is wrong with this line? Post 302215993 by KevinADC on Thursday 17th of July 2008 05:15:58 PM
Old 07-17-2008
The @ symbol must be escaped in a double-quoted string unless you want perl to think it is an array and expand it into a scalar.

$ssh="ssh $USER\@$HOST";

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this 5 line script!

Hi #!/bin/sh user=$1 if " -eq 0 ] echo "No" else echo "Yes" fi I'm not quite sure whats wrong with this but I know its something silly. Any ideas? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong with this line: if ${TEST:?} ; then echo empty; fi

I want to print "empty" if $TEST is empty. TEST= if ${TEST:?} ; then echo empty; fi But it doesn't work. What's wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this line?

I have a file $I_FILE that I need to filter and store the 1st and the 9th columns in another file $O_FILE. With this in Perl, system ("awk -F, '{print \$1, \$9}' \$I_FILE | sed '\/^\$\/d' > O_FILE"); I get: 4096045055 The first line in I_FILE is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this line using perl

E:\>perl -00ne 'push @a,"$_\0$ARGV\n";END{print reverse split/\0/ for sort @a}' file1-obj_prof.out.txt file2-obj_prof.out.txt' Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at -e line 1. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with this expr line

It keeps giving me expr syntax error. expr "${etherline }" : ’.*no match found’ 2>&1 >/dev/null Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadow_boi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this command line pls?

I executed the following command and got Arg List too long. find /dir1/dir2/LOG_* -prune -type f -mtime +3 -exec echo {} \; What's that about? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to delete last word on line...what's wrong?

I have a line that gets pulled from a database that has a variable number of fields, fields can also be of a variable size. Each field has a variable number of spaces between them so there is no 'defined' delimiter. The LastData block is always a single word. What I want to do is delete the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with tiny (g)awk line ??

Hi I wish to capitalize the first letter or every word in a text file with: gawk '{$0=gensub(/(\w)(\w*)/,toupper("\\1")"\\2","g");}' file.txtBut it doesn't work...: target: bla test Test TEST yes nO Yes yes restult: bla test Test TEST yes nO Yes yes any idea? thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my awk line?

] && { echo "The free mem need to be more than 2G" } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

When I run the script, the cursor starts on the wrong line?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: It's a shell script using a looping logic, trap, tput, if, while. Most of the scripts in this book aren't written... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckleinholz
2 Replies
UUSEND(1C)																UUSEND(1C)

NAME
uusend - send a file to a remote host SYNOPSIS
uusend [ -m mode ] sourcefile sys1!sys2!..!remotefile DESCRIPTION
Uusend sends a file to a given location on a remote system. The system need not be directly connected to the local system, but a chain of uucp(1) links needs to connect the two systems. If the -m option is specified, the mode of the file on the remote end will be taken from the octal number given. Otherwise, the mode of the input file will be used. The sourcefile can be ``-'', meaning to use the standard input. Both of these options are primarily intended for internal use of uusend. The remotefile can include the ~userid syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
If anything goes wrong any further away than the first system down the line, you will never hear about it. SEE ALSO
uux(1), uucp(1), uuencode(1) BUGS
This command should not exist, since uucp should handle it. All systems along the line must have the uusend command available and allow remote execution of it. Some uucp systems have a bug where binary files cannot be the input to a uux command. If this bug exists in any system along the line, the file will show up severly munged. 4th Berkeley Distribution April 24, 1986 UUSEND(1C)