Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sendmail not working Post 302215916 by joeyg on Thursday 17th of July 2008 12:59:45 PM
Old 07-17-2008
Question command sample helps...

Can you provide an example of the command you are using? I have seen examples where a parameter is being mistaken for part of an address, and was simply overlooked by the programmer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail is not working properly

Hi All, Can any one help me to solve the issue. The Issue is, i have started the sendmail service on my RHEL 4 update 6 box, I am able to send the mail from my box to almost all of the Email Id's except few. Exampe, test mail. . Output is :the message is sent. now if I send the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail not working

Hi, I have to send a mail in html format and to do so I am using the below code. INPUT_FILE_DETAILS contains the html code but it doesn't work. Could anyone suggest whats wrong in it. ( echo "From: Team<Team@xy.com>" echo "To: $MAILTO" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alok1301
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

sendmail not working

Hi, My mails (postfix - apologies about the heading) have suddenly stopped sending, and I am trying to find out why. We use ESMTP mail relay (blacknight), nothing has changed on our side and I am able to ping the IP address of blacknight on port 25. I suspect an issue with the external... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail not working

Hello people - Need help, My sendmail email is not working, not sure what is wrong here. I am trying with below command and response as below, Thanks for help in advance. Thanks camprod@sgppsr000000060 PROD $ echo "hello"|sendmail -v abc@domain.com abc@domain.com... Connecting to via... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chittari
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachment not working

dear all I have below function which send an email, but if I need to add an attachement it won't work instead it write some jibberish to body of the email begin 644 SIGN_OFF_AP_20120626.csv M4TE'3E]/1D9?4TA%150L351-7T1!5$4L0D]/2RQ35$%455,L5D%25%E012Q# %3U5.5`H` ` end function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail script not working

I am facing a peculiar problem in AIX 6.1 I can execute sendmail command using the following script sendmail -f sender -v recepient Body of email ^dThe command executes successfully and mail is sent to the intended recepient but when I try to use the attached script, the mail is not sent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sendmail not quite working after upgrade

We have a machine that we upgraded today. After the upgrade, I am getting connection refused on any emails from a remote host that uses an alias. If I send email directly to a user on the upgraded host, from a remote host, that works fine. If I send email to an alias on the ugraded machine, from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sendmail not working

Dear All, I have a sendmail configured in one of our linux server. But when I send mail , it is giving the error DSN Service Unavailable 5.0.0 But the same sendmail configuration is working fine with another SMTP IP. On the /var/spool/mail/root log , it is saying "Client not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. Linux

Sendmail not working

Dear All, I am able to send mail to mail ids of internal domain or local domain. But I could not send mails to external domain. It is saying the error 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated Kindly help me on this... Rj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Sendmail not working in SUNOS

Hi All i am trying to send a mail from SunOS to my outlook mail but it is not working neither giving any error please suggest # uuencode /tmp/t.txt t.txt | mailx -s test v.com # # uname -a SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
praliases(1)							   User Commands						      praliases(1)

NAME
praliases - display system mail aliases SYNOPSIS
praliases [-C configfile] [-f aliasfile] [key] DESCRIPTION
The praliases utility displays system mail aliases. When no key is given, praliases displays the current system aliases, one per line, in no particular order. The form is key:value. If a key is given, only that key is looked up and the appropriate key:value is displayed if found. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -C configfile Specifies a sendmail configuration file. -f aliasfile Reads the specified file aliasfile instead of the default sendmail system aliases file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: key A specific alias key to look up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/mail/aliases Default sendmail system aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.db Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.dir Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.pag /etc/mail/sendmail.cf Default sendmail configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailq(1), newaliases(1M), sendmail(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Mar 2004 praliases(1)