Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to eliminate wrapped lines Post 302215842 by tumblez on Thursday 17th of July 2008 09:24:13 AM
Old 07-17-2008
Thank you for the response.
That somewhat works for me, in that it allows me to send the file as an attachment, that can be opened with wordpad and looks just fine, but I want to have the contents of the file abc to be within the body of the e-mail along with other information that I need to include within the body of the e-mail. Is there a way to do that?

I did try...

uuencode abc abc > def
mail -s "contents of abc" jdoe@email.com <<EOF
cat def
EOF

...but even this just attaches the contents of def to the e-mail, does not include it in the body of the e-mail.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge wrapped lines

Hi, Can someone tell me how i can merge the lines that are wrapped. My file has content somethig like this Line1 -> xxxx bbbb ccc dddd bababab11 Line2 -> 2222 nnn cccc Line 3-> yyyyy zzzz uuzuz ioouo oououou11 Line 4 -> 3333 pppp dddd Line 5-> zzzz kjkj uuzuz ioouo oououou11 Line 6->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: braindrain
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminate blank lines...

Hi All, How can I eliminate the blank lines from a file. For e.g. File1 contains ABCD EFGH ZZZZ HJHH KJKJ IUYU I need the file to be as follows.... ABCD EFGH (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi_kiran_v
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

convert one colume file to a one line, wrapped file.

I need to convert a file i.e cat list 1000: 1001: 1002: to cat wrappedfile 1000:1001:1002: currently I am using a while loop, paste and mv command to achieve desired outcome. touch wrappedfile cat list | while read line ;do echo $line > /tmp/$line;paste /tmp/$line wrappedfile >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jouuu
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get my head wrapped around CGI/Perl

Hello, I am about 3 weeks new to CGI/ Perl scripting and so far some concepts I can wrap my head around perfectly but others not so much. I was wondering if I could get some help in making a script that will pull from a text file and put back into a form. I can make a script that takes input... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sennex
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass all received args to a (wrapped) child script

I'm writing a wrapper script (in bash) that wraps another (bash) script. When calling the wrapped script, I need to pass all the received arguments/options to it. Is there a built in variable that holds all the options? I wrote a little while loop (see below) which works. But I wanted to know if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dilbert
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to eliminate ^L

Hi, I am trying to create a text file from data retrieved from a query.The data retrieved is having this character '^L' at regular intervals of the data. How can i eliminate this, Please find below the sample data. I tried sed -e "s/\^L//g" to convert it, but with no luck ^LCODE*SERIAL... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkiran77
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to eliminate the records

Hi All, Please help me how to remove the records from the file if it is having more number of fields than the required one, before loading into stage Here is the sample records. File is space delimited one chandu 1121324 CC ( 2 spaces) chandu balu 434657 DD (3 spaces) -- failing due to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 dollars wrapped to a string

Hi, I am writing an awk script and I have got stuck. I am trying to find a word that has 2 dollar signs in it but its failing. I have already tried to escape it with single and double back slash and also I have tried to use \044 in the search but even that doesnt work. can you please help me... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print the line that matches and the next if line is wrapped

I have a file and when I match the word "initiators" in the first column I need to be able to print the rest of the columns in that row. This is fine for the most part but on occasion the "initiators" line gets wrapped to the next line. Here is a sample of the file. caw-enabled ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminate consecutive lines with the same pattern

Hi, I would like to know how to remove lines which has the same pattern as the next line through sed/awk. Stream 39 (wan stream 7) Stream 40 (wan stream 8) WINQ Counter 115955 1 1613 (BYTE) 11204787 163 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarn_nat
2 Replies
FS_WHEREIS(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_WHEREIS(1)

NAME
fs_whereis - Reports each file server housing a file or directory SYNOPSIS
fs whereis [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs whe [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs whereis command returns the name of each file server machine that houses the volume containing each directory or file named by the -path argument. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each AFS file or directory for which to return the host file server machine. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output includes a line for each specified directory or file. It names the file server machine on which the volume that houses the specified directory or file resides. A list of multiple machines indicates that the directory or file is in a replicated volume. Machine names usually have a suffix indicating their cell membership. If the cell is not clear, use the fs whichcell command to display the cell in which the directory or file resides. To display the cell membership of the local machine, use the fs wscell command. EXAMPLES
The following example indicates that volume housing the directory /afs/abc.com resides is replicated on both "fs1.abc.com" and "fs3.abc.com": % fs whereis -path /afs/abc.com File /afs/abc.com is on hosts fs1.abc.com fs3.abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
fs_whichcell(1), fs_wscell(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_WHEREIS(1)