Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting storing variables in array.Please help Post 302215775 by nua7 on Thursday 17th of July 2008 07:11:03 AM
Old 07-17-2008
Hey!
Thanks for the reply, but the user needs to feed input for many hostnames, so need to have a loop and store it in array, so that I can use it further.

Thanks!
nua7

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - storing data in variables

In AWK script how do I store data in variables for later use. I have a multiline input and I do not want to print the data read on the console Thnaks in advance. Nilotpal. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2nilotpal
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing pointer array in C

All .. I am having a pointer array . And trying to store the addess into that pointer array . please see below the problem i faced code: int cnt1; char *t_array; char *f_array; for(cnt1=0; cnt1<1000; cnt1++) { t_array =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting the data and storing it into 2 variables

Hi, I have a file in the given format: |aaa |hhh |fat hat chat |make sure I need to get store in a variable,say 'error' the value of the string 'fat hat chat' In short, echo $error should give the result fat hat chat Is this possible using awk? Also, can this be split.For... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing commands in $variables.

Hi I'm trying to store commands in variables... like so.. # lastcmd=" $t1 | $t2 | $t3 | $t4 | sort | uniq" t1="sed -e 's/http:/<li><a href=\"http:/'" t2="sed -e 's/http:.*/&\">&<\/a>Web Link<br>/'" t3="sed -e 's/.*. mailto:/<li><a href=\"mailto:/'" t4="sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulw0t
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: storing regex in array variables trouble

hi this is an example of code: use strict; use warnings; open FILE, "/tmp/result_2"; my $regex="\\ Starting program ver. (.*)"; my $res="Program started, version <$1> - OK.\n"; while (<FILE>) { if ($_ =~ /($regex)/) { print "$res"; } } close FILE; This finds $regex and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xist
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing awk output into variables

Hi all, Currently, i have a log file seperated by 'tab' and each record starting with a new line. i managed to retrieve the column that i'm interested in. (source_ip_address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). example of awk output: '{ print $43 }' assuming the field is at column 43. 10.10.10.10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faelric
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing variables and using them..

Hello Apologies for not having the most accurate of thread titles.. I'm using IBM Rational Synergy CM software. I use the Synergy commands in tandem with Unix commands. I have a directory containing source code objects: bash-3.00$ ccm ls *.fmb *.rdf *.pll *.mmb cre_applications.fmb-1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing outputs into variables

I need to know how to store output from one command so that it can initiate another command. chktraf -s | cut -c1-4 output would look like 321 142 256 342 123 Then if the value of the output = 0, then initiate next command. if then for xx in 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaun74
4 Replies

9. Programming

C; storing strings in an array

I am trying to get userinput from stdin and store the lines in an array. If i do this: using a char **list to store strings allocate memory to it #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { char *prog = argv; char **linelist; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tornow
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the SQL results in array variables

Requirement 1) I need to execute 15 SQL queries in oracle through linux script. All these query results needs to be stored in array variables. Requirement 2) And these 15 queries needs to be executed in parallel. Requirement 3) Once all the queries executed then the shell script should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niranjancse
3 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)