Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to issue a new application to a specific processor? Post 302215749 by incredible on Thursday 17th of July 2008 06:23:48 AM
Old 07-17-2008
Then I guess you should come out with a script to automate that for you. By default, you can't do that with whatever functionality/commands that are availableSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Issue while installing a Application on AIX

All, I am trying to install a application called Microstrategy on AIX 5.1 box.This is the first time I am working on AIX.The installation fails after some 10% complete.Given below is the text from the installation log file.Do any one of you have any idea what might be the problem? (Jan 19,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: apu78
8 Replies

2. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to bind an application to specific ip

Hello Dear Everyone. Have you Gurus perhaps got an idea how to bind a particular application/program to specific IP address on solaris box? Assume there is a server with two NICs with distinct IPs, I install an application (could be a backup sowftware client) and would like to tell to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: togr
6 Replies

4. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

m4 processor (how to use)

hi, what plugins i need to install to run m4 processor in bash shell. Also, what is the file extension for m4 processor ( like .cc in c ). Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
1 Replies

6. AIX

hacmp application startscript issue

Hi, I am setting up a hacmp oracle cluster with 2 resource groups - one on each node. Binaries are local - so is configuration but its the same on both nodes - so are the startscripts. If I start the cluster, each DB comes up nicely on its homenode. Now I have the problem that when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help for processor

hello Admins, how to find number of processor in unix machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Del Line if specific issue

HI Guys I have below input : PO 121255 SorkO_RM_,rlsmel=310_410_3_11104_43831 PO 125564 SorkO_RM_,rlsmel=007G43823 I want delete line which have "_" after = Sign Output : PO 125564 SorkO_RM_,rlsmel=007G43823 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue deleting all lines (having a specific string) in a file

I'm trying to create a script. There are 2 files - fileA.log & fileB.log fileA.log has the below data : aaaa cccc eeee fileB.log has the below data : cjahdskjah aaaa xyz jhaskjdhas bbbb abc ajdhjkh cccc abc cjahdskjah ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
7 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1)                                                    User Commands                                                   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)