Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what is wrong with this line? Post 302215636 by Annihilannic on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 10:52:10 PM
Old 07-16-2008
Aren't you missing the destination host names?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this 5 line script!

Hi #!/bin/sh user=$1 if " -eq 0 ] echo "No" else echo "Yes" fi I'm not quite sure whats wrong with this but I know its something silly. Any ideas? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong with this line: if ${TEST:?} ; then echo empty; fi

I want to print "empty" if $TEST is empty. TEST= if ${TEST:?} ; then echo empty; fi But it doesn't work. What's wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this line?

I have a file $I_FILE that I need to filter and store the 1st and the 9th columns in another file $O_FILE. With this in Perl, system ("awk -F, '{print \$1, \$9}' \$I_FILE | sed '\/^\$\/d' > O_FILE"); I get: 4096045055 The first line in I_FILE is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this line using perl

E:\>perl -00ne 'push @a,"$_\0$ARGV\n";END{print reverse split/\0/ for sort @a}' file1-obj_prof.out.txt file2-obj_prof.out.txt' Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at -e line 1. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is wrong with this expr line

It keeps giving me expr syntax error. expr "${etherline }" : ’.*no match found’ 2>&1 >/dev/null Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadow_boi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this command line pls?

I executed the following command and got Arg List too long. find /dir1/dir2/LOG_* -prune -type f -mtime +3 -exec echo {} \; What's that about? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to delete last word on line...what's wrong?

I have a line that gets pulled from a database that has a variable number of fields, fields can also be of a variable size. Each field has a variable number of spaces between them so there is no 'defined' delimiter. The LastData block is always a single word. What I want to do is delete the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with tiny (g)awk line ??

Hi I wish to capitalize the first letter or every word in a text file with: gawk '{$0=gensub(/(\w)(\w*)/,toupper("\\1")"\\2","g");}' file.txtBut it doesn't work...: target: bla test Test TEST yes nO Yes yes restult: bla test Test TEST yes nO Yes yes any idea? thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my awk line?

] && { echo "The free mem need to be more than 2G" } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

When I run the script, the cursor starts on the wrong line?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: It's a shell script using a looping logic, trap, tput, if, while. Most of the scripts in this book aren't written... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckleinholz
2 Replies
cancel(1)																 cancel(1)

NAME
cancel - cancel print request SYNOPSIS
cancel [ request-ID...] [destination...] cancel -u user... [destination...] The cancel utility cancels print requests. There are two forms of the cancel command. The first form of cancel has two optional arguments: print requests (request-ID) and destinations (destination). Specifying request-ID with destination cancels request-ID on destination. Specifying only the destination cancels the current print request on destination. If desti- nation is not specified, cancel cancels the requested print request on all destinations. The second form of cancel cancels a user's print requests on specific destinations. Users can only cancel print requests associated with their username. By default, users can only cancel print requests on the host from which the print request was submitted. If a super-user has set user-equivalence=true in /etc/printers.conf on the print server, users can cancel print requests associated with their username on any host. Super-users can cancel print requests on the host from which the print request was submitted. Superusers can also cancel print requests from the print server. The print client commands locate destination information using the printers database in the name service switch. See nsswitch.conf(4), printers(4), and printers.conf(4) for details. The following options are supported: -u user The name of the user for which print requests are to be cancelled. Specify user as a username. The following operands are supported: destination The destination on which the print requests are to be canceled. destination is the name of a printer or class of printers (see lpadmin(1M)). If destination is not specified, cancel cancels the requested print request on all destinations. Specify destination using atomic or POSIX-style (server:destination), names. See for information regarding using POSIX-style des- tination names with cancel. See standards(5) for information regarding POSIX. request-ID The print request to be canceled. Specify request-ID using LP-style request IDs (destination-number). user The name of the user for which the print requests are to be cancelled. Specify user as a username. The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. /var/spool/print/* LP print queue. $HOME/.printers User-configurable printer database. /etc/printers.conf System printer configuration database. printers.conf.byname NIS version of /etc/printers.conf. printers.org_dir NIS+ version of /etc/printers.conf. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ lp(1), lpq(1B), lpr(1B), lprm(1B), lpstat(1), lpadmin( 1M), nsswitch.conf(4), printers(4), printers.conf(4), attributes(5), standards(5) POSIX-style destination names (server:destination) are treated as print requests if destination has the same format as an LP-style request- ID. See standards(5). Some print servers send cancelation notification to job owners when their print jobs have been cancelled. This notification usually comes in the form of an email message. Cancelation notices cannot be disabled on a Solaris server. 23 Feb 2005 cancel(1)