Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Phone support
Operating Systems AIX Phone support Post 302215620 by dukessd on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 08:33:11 PM
Old 07-16-2008
yeah, hdisk2 is dying or dead already
try and back it up if not morrored
ebay for another - FRU Number..................09P3826
looks to be an 18GB drive

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Phone dialer?

Dos someone know of a simple phone dialer I can use to paste in a phone number, and dial it? It's a lazy habit I got into using Dos, and Windows. Sonshyne5 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonshyne5
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Phone Dialer?

Is there a phone # dialer for Unix? I'm specifically looking for one in the OS X terminal, but I can run it through my FreeBSD computer too. --Andrew (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewgray
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phone menu

Hello, Is there a way to read in user input inside a Here Document? The last line of the add(draft) file is supposed to redirect the user input to the phonebook file, but it is not doing that. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. So the redirected user input should be appended to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dawg101
1 Replies

4. BSD

help mounting a phone!

hi, im completely new to bsd, but everything seems to work that bit better than under linux distros! im using pc-bsd, and need to get access to my sony ericsson k550i. i have a 2gig m2 card in it, and when the phone is switched off, it acts like a usb storage device apparently! it shows up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fanny Zoddar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting a phone

I have an LG VX9800 (The V), am using Linux Mint, and just downloaded BitPim. The problem: BitPim doesn't detect my phone. Then again, the computer doesn't even do that. I read here (under Reference > USB > Linux USB Setup) about direct USB access, but Linux Mint apparently doesn't use hotplug. Or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zucriy Amsuna
0 Replies
fruadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands						fruadm(1M)

NAME
fruadm - prints and updates customer data associated with FRUs SYNOPSIS
/usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/fruadm /usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/fruadm -l /usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/fruadm [-r] path [text] DESCRIPTION
fruadm prints or sets the customer data for Field-Replaceable Units (FRUs). Without arguments, fruadm prints the paths of all FRU ID-capable FRUs (containers) in the system, along with the contents of the customer data record, if present, for each such FRU; for FRUs without customer data, fruadm prints only the container's path. Only a privileged user can create or update data in containers. The privileges required to perform these write operations are hardware dependent. Typically, a default system configuration restricts write operations to the superuser or to the platform-administrator user. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l List the system's frutree paths. -r Recursively display or update the data for all containers rooted at the argument path. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: path A full or partial system frutree path for or under which to print or set the customer data. The first field of each line of output of fruadm -l gives the valid full frutree paths for the system. Paths can include shell meta-characters; such paths should be quoted appropriately for the user's shell. For par- tial paths, the first matching full path is selected for display or update. Without the -r option, the path must be that of a container; with the -r option, all containers (if any) under path will be selected. text Up to 80 characters of text set as the customer data. If the text contains white space or shell metacharacters, it should be quoted appropriately for the user's shell. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying All Customer Data The following example prints all customer data available from FRUs on the system. For containers with no customer data, only the contain- ers' paths will be listed. example% fruadm Example 2: Displaying Customer Data For a Single FRU The following command prints the customer data, if present, for the specified FRU: example% fruadm /frutree/chassis/system-board Example 3: Displaying Customer Data For a Single FRU The following command prints the customer data, if present, for the first mem-module found: example% fruadm mem-module Example 4: Setting Customer Data The following example sets the customer data for a FRU: example# fruadm system-board 'Asset Tag 123456' Example 5: Setting Customer Data The following command sets the customer data for all FRUs under chassis: example# fruadm -r /frutree/chassis "Property of XYZ, Inc." EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfruip.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtfru(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 2002 fruadm(1M)