Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers expect and stty paths are different and resulting in error. Post 302215478 by vbe on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 11:48:24 AM
Old 07-16-2008
Well that was the idea using a symbolic link, stty would have been seen "as" in /usr/local/bin also... but saves you the copy and maintnance of 2 binaries...
But I would try to argue that before anything else you want to see IF this link solves the issue before deciding what is going to be done (we may be wrong after all...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ctrl+S resulting in (i-search) in bash

Hi On solaris, when I press Ctrl+S on an XTERM, the window normally freezes. But today on the same machine, the Ctrl+S key results in (i-search) !! I understand that it has got something to do with emacs (may be not). But I do not use emacs at all. Other specific keys including <backspace>,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji280283
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty: error occurs when installing rpm

Hello All, when I install rpm rpm --install rpm packagename I got the following errors stty:standard input:invalid argument stty:standard input:invalid argument I dont know what i have to do exactly. I search on google for the same but not a particular standard solution is given... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: dividing/multiplying variables resulting in decimals

(4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puddy
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty: : Not a typewriter with AUTOSYS error

(sys10:pt:/pf>) cat 122974qqq.s RUNAS Version 2007.10.07 Run on Dec 11 2008 10:09:36 AM UNIX Process: 26021 Login User : root PFW User : s08280 Not a terminal stty: : Not a typewriter stty: : Not a typewriter ksh: jil: not found ksh: sendevent: not found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SC3.2 issue - cluster transport configuration not right - resulting fail

I am trying to set up a two host cluster. trouble is with the cluster transport configuration. i'm using e1000g2 and g3 for the cluster transport. global0 and global1 are my two nodes, and I am running the scinstall from global1. i think i should be expecting, is this: The following... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustin
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty error when script is called out of a cronjob

Hello, I'm trying to implement a script to call a third-party tool every so often and write the results to a file. If I run it interactively it works fine, but when it comes to run it out of a cronjob, I keep getting this error: stty: tcgetattr: a specified file does not support the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabiogilr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty: : I/O Error

Hi all, I am stuck on a shell script issue and need your inputs: I have a parent script A.ksh which call in another script B.ksh. At the start of the B.ksh, we export the .profile of another user and then call Informatica jobs. Issue When I run my jobs from the command prompt, it works... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromrishi
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Server load rapidly increases resulting in complete freeze

Hi All, I run Linux server that hosts PHP/MySQL web-projects. The problem is that it becomes irresponsive periodically, avg. load rapidly goes up to 100.0 and more and I have to do cold reboot. Usually this sudden increase happens in 1-2 mins and it's very difficult to catch this moment in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: livedatesearch
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Zip all the files resulting from a sed command

hi guys i have a file in this location /home/test/Summary.txt - this file contants is a below ./log_SI-100.lst:Error detected, rollbacking ./log_SI-101.lst:Error detected, rollbacking ./log_SI-106.lst:Error detected, rollbacking i use this command to get the log file names inside it ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script not running from cron. Full Paths used

My cron file. Copied $PATH # Minute Hour Day of Month Month Day of Week Command SHELL=/bin/ksh PATH=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/perl/lib:/perl/lib/lib/perl5:/perl/scripts:.:/perl/lib/local:/home/popeye:/temp 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies
VIEW-OS(1)						      General Commands Manual							VIEW-OS(1)

NAME
viewsu - change (virtual) user ID or become (virtual) superuser SYNOPSIS
viewsu [options] [username] DESCRIPTION
The viewsu command is used to become another user during a login session. Invoked without a username, viewsu defaults to becoming the supe- ruser. The optional argument - may be used to provide an environment similar to what the user would expect had the user logged in directly. This command is the View-OS counterpart of the su(1) command. The value of $PATH is reset to /bin:/usr/bin for normal users, or /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin for the superuser. This may be changed with the ENV_PATH and ENV_SUPATH definitions in /etc/login.defs. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the viewsu command are: -c, --command COMMAND Specify a command that will be invoked by the shell using its -c. -, -l, --login Provide an environment similar to what the user would expect had the user logged in directly. When - is used, it must be specified as the last viewsu option. The other forms (-l and --login) do not have this restriction. -s, --shell SHELL The shell that will be invoked. The invoked shell is chosen from (highest priority first): o The shell specified with --shell. o The shell indicated in the /etc/passwd entry for the target user. o /bin/sh if a shell could not be found by any above method. SEE ALSO
su(1), linux.defs(5) AUTHORS
View-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli. <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/view-os> Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>. NOTE
Most part of the text is taken from su(1). VIEW-OS: a process with a view August 5, 2009 VIEW-OS(1)