Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how will i connect postgres database from unix shell script Post 302215463 by nandumishra on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 11:09:09 AM
Old 07-16-2008
connecting database from shell scripts

where did you get the command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to sybase database using Korn shell script

Hi, Can anyone please give me a script or let me know how to connect to a sybase database and execute a query using Korn shell scripts.Am new to Unix but i need to do this ASAP. Please help. Thanks, Gops (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to database db2 through Unix Shell Script

I am trying to connect to database db2 through shell script. The process I am trying is > db2 It gives me error Access Denied. While checking for access I have the rights. Is there ant other way round..? Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect with oracle database using unix...

Hi all I am working in datawarehouse project and use DB2 database . shell scripting is written to connect with DB2 database in my application but i dont know how to connect with oracle databse or other databases.Is there any command in unix to connect any of these datbases? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect MySQL database from Unix

How to connect a MySQL database from unix using unix shell scripting ( people are using perl scrpt to connect the same database). I want to access a MySQL database through a shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to database from different unix box

Hi Friends, I have a one unix box "x.y.z" on SunOS , where oracle is not installed. And another machine "a.b.c" on AIX , where oracle is installed. Now i want to make a script on x.y.z , that can connect to database on a.b.c, using sqlplus command. and then generate a report based on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgarg
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

testing postgres connection in shell script

I have a script that does db query in postgres. I'm trying to put in some error checking in the script. I keep running into the password prompt problem where when invalid credentials/or database is put it, it would prompt me for a password which hangs the script. Is there a way that I can check for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerofire123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to the oracle database

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to write a script, Oracle DB gets referesh every 6hrs, hence we need write a script to connect to the database , if it connects it should generate a file to proceed the next job application or when an error when connectiong to DB it should not generate any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to Oracle database using shell script?

Hi All, I am newbie to unix shell scripting. I want to connect to oracle database using shell script. I know how to connect DB using user name and password but my question is if my password is having '@' sign then how to connect. I have tried like below, cnt=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOFSQL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmotewar
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

[Solved] How to connect DB2 from UNIX shell script?

Hi all, I have a requirement to connect DB2 database and do some operations and generate a report through shell script. Can anyone please tell me how can i connect DB2 from unix shell script? Thanks in ADV. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to database with shell output

Dear All, I am trying to write a script which will generate output to a file based on input files on basis of a pattern which I am able to do so. But, I am stuck as I am trying to connect this to database server. Below is my command and output details. Input Code filedate=$(date... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grvk101
6 Replies
is(n)								    [incr Tcl]								     is(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
is - test argument to see if it is a class or an object SYNOPSIS
itcl::is option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The is command is used to check if the argument given is a class or an object; depending on the option given. If the argument if a class or object, then 1 is returned. Otherwise, 0 is returned. The is command also recognizes the commands wrapped in the itcl code command. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: is class command Returns 1 if command is a class, and returns 0 otherwise. The fully qualified name of the class needs to be given as the command argument. So, if a class resides in a namespace, then the namespace needs to be specified as well. So, if a class C resides in a namespace N, then the command should be called like: is N::C or is ::N::C is object ?-class className? command Returns 1 if command is an object, and returns 0 otherwise. If the optional "-class" parameter is specified, then the command will be checked within the context of the class given. Note that className has to exist. If not, then an error will be given. So, if className is uncertain to be a class, then the programmer will need to check it's existance beforehand, or wrap it in a catch statement. So, if c is an object in the class C, in namespace N then these are the possibilities (all return 1): set obj [N::C c] itcl::is object N::c itcl::is object c itcl::is object $obj itcl::is object [itcl::code c] KEYWORDS
class, object itcl 3.3 is(n)