Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in scripts Post 302215458 by crystal_pup on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 11:01:20 AM
Old 07-16-2008
Can we use round brackets in if command?

if ( '$p_region' = 'ESAP' )

should be

if [ '$p_region' == 'ESAP' ]

Also 'then' part is missing in the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Scripts for monitoring real time for the error code

Hi ! I wish extract one information(error code) from the machine which is running on the HP-UX platform. Can anyone help me? Wanted to write a scripts that monitor real time at the error code and transfer the information out from the machine. The information is then process and SMS out to the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JOHNSON
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error Handling in Korn Shell scripts

Hi, I am using few ISQL statements to update and delete from a few tables in sybase, now i want to roll back the transaction when any of the statements fail.How i can i capture these errors in the shell scripts.Please advise. Thanks, Gopi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Error with perl scripts...

hi on Solaris....m getting following error while running a perl script...any suggestions.... install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /home/oracle/lib32/libclntsh.so.9.0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amardeep
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error trapping in parent/child scripts

Greets all. I'm using Slackware 12.0 with the bash shell. Calling my scripts with /bin/sh... I'm building gnome-2.18.3 and I have all my build scripts ready and working but I'm calling them from a parent script which executes each child/build script in a certain order (for loop). I have "set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madpenguin
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error Checking in Shell scripts.

What i need to do is when the database connection is not successful , the script should move to next list i.e skip the current. But when i do this - if ; then break; fi The script break but it goes to the condition - if ; then for LIST in $LISTS do for TABLE in $TABLES do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced error handling in shell scripts

Hi all I've got a question regarding error handling in shell scripts. My background is mainly object oriented programming languages, but for a year or so I've been doing more and more (bash) shell scripting (which I quite enjoy by the way). To handle errors in my scripts I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_man
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error in shell scripts

Hi, I have a shell script confug-msys.sh which callls config-common.sh. When run from command prompt,these work fine but give the below error when i try to run from code-blocks line 7: --without-contrib: command not found ...Also I am unable to understand what the second script does...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyshah
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Scripts to move files via FTP with error checking

Hi Members, Can members please advise or suggest how to write UNIX script which move all zip files in source directory and when done delete zip files from source directory? We want to delete only on successful transfer to the destination. secondly want to add some error checking if the FTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dxj0815
1 Replies

9. Solaris

ksh scripts failing with cannot execute error

Hi, All the scripts placed in /home/bin had 755 permissions. Sometimes scripts are failing with cannot execute errors. Let me describe a simple scenario. MasterScript.sh had 755 permissions. It is success most of the times. But, sometimes failing with cannot execute error. Really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureng
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts error

Dear all I have shell script where files have been organized into directory, i pass the directory name and it shold pick all the files within the directory and move to differnet path. When i run the scripts it doesn't move and come out with error and i am not able to understand it the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
2 Replies
LWRES_HSTRERROR(3)						       BIND9							LWRES_HSTRERROR(3)

NAME
lwres_herror, lwres_hstrerror - lightweight resolver error message generation SYNOPSIS
#include <lwres/netdb.h> void lwres_herror(const char *s); const char * lwres_hstrerror(int err); DESCRIPTION
lwres_herror() prints the string s on stderr followed by the string generated by lwres_hstrerror() for the error code stored in the global variable lwres_h_errno. lwres_hstrerror() returns an appropriate string for the error code gievn by err. The values of the error codes and messages are as follows: NETDB_SUCCESS Resolver Error 0 (no error) HOST_NOT_FOUND Unknown host TRY_AGAIN Host name lookup failure NO_RECOVERY Unknown server error NO_DATA No address associated with name RETURN VALUES
The string Unknown resolver error is returned by lwres_hstrerror() when the value of lwres_h_errno is not a valid error code. SEE ALSO
herror(3), lwres_hstrerror(3). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2005, 2007, 2012 Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC") Copyright (C) 2000, 2001 Internet Software Consortium. BIND9 Jun 30, 2000 LWRES_HSTRERROR(3)