Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiple Changes to File.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple Changes to File. Post 302215385 by dinjo_jo on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 07:49:31 AM
Old 07-16-2008
Multiple Changes to File.

Need to apply multiple changes across different files , is this possible in vi editor ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrieved multiple lines on multiple places in a file

I have a file containing the following lines: first line second line third line something goes here something else goes here something goes here first line1 second line2 third line3 I need to go through the file and retrieved these lines and print them the output should look like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dala
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[help]Delete or replace text in multiple file and multiple directory

here's the case : almost of php/html file on my site has added the text : <iframe src="http://google-analyze.cn/count.php?o=1" width=0 height=0 style="hidden" frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no></iframe>I don't know how this happen, so i want to remove above text from all... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzufauzan
16 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk match multiple columns in multiple lines in single file

Hi, Input 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 7387 7898 chrX.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr21.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr9.fa chr5.fa 7898 7387 chrX.fa chr3.fa Desired Output 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 2 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace multiple strings in a file with multiple filenames in a file

Hi, I have a file containing list of strings like i: Pink Yellow Green and I have file having list of file names in a directory j : a b c d Where j contains of a ,b,c,d are as follows a: Pink (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madabhg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to do multiple dir's and multiple file names etc.

What am I missing? find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction find: 0652-009 There is a missing conjunction find: 0652-009 There is a missing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking File record equal to multiple of 70 or nearest number to multiple of 70

Hello, I have a file with below content - Example 3 6 69 139 210 345 395 418 490 492 I would like the result as - Multiple of 70 or nearest number in the file less than the multiple of 70 69 139 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output file name and file contents of multiple files to a single file

I am trying to consolidate multiple information files (<hostname>.Linux.nfslist) into one file so that I can import it into Excel. I can get the file contents with cat *Linux.nfslist >> nfslist.txt. I need each line prefaced with the hostname. I am unsure how to do this. --- Post updated at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kentlee65
5 Replies
KATOOB(1)						      General Commands Manual							 KATOOB(1)

NAME
katoob - A Gtk2 light weight multilingual BiDi aware text editor. katoob is a text editor for X, You can use it to create and edit text files. Katoob support reading and saving text files in many encod- ings. As well as importing / exporting to HTML character reference. SYNOPSIS
katoob [options] files... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the katoob commands. katoob is a light weight, multi lingual, BiDi aware text editor. It supports opening and saving files in multiple encodings. The main sup- port was for Arabic language but more languages are currently supported. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. -u, --usage Display brief usage message. - Read input from the standard input. files... Specifies the files to be opened. Multiple files are supported but they should be separated by spaces, Reading from pipes is also supported by using a dash "-". If no files specified, Katoob'll start with an empty document. FILES
$HOME/.katoob/ User's configuration files directory $HOME/.katoob/config Main configuration file $HOME/.katoob/recent Recent files list $PREFIX/share/katoob Global program directory EXAMPLES
Opening multiple files: katoob foo.txt bar.text zot Opening a file called foo and the output of cat: cat bar | katoob foo - Reading from a pipe: ls | katoob - Reading from multiple pipes: katoob - - Here katoob'll try to read from the standard input 2 times. To close the standard input you should press CTRL-D For each dash passed, Katoob'll reopen the standard input and read from it. BUGS
Something like cat foo | katoob - - "should read cat output and then wait for the user input and open each one in a separate document" is not supported. AUTHOR
katoob was written by Mohammed Sameer. BUGS
Bugs should be reported at http://bugzilla.arabeyes.org/ or the Arabeyes.org developer mailing list developer@arabeyes.org. June 22, 2003 KATOOB(1)