Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mod_ssl redirect to site if client does not have valid certificate Post 302215373 by zaxxon on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 07:08:20 AM
Old 07-16-2008
Firefox displays only the error page that has been configured in your (I guess) Apache. Check your httpd.conf or a related include file where errors are defined like for example:

Code:
ErrorDocument 400 /error/HTTP_BAD_REQUEST.html.var
ErrorDocument 401 /error/HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED.html.var
ErrorDocument 403 /error/HTTP_FORBIDDEN.html.var
ErrorDocument 404 /error/HTTP_NOT_FOUND.html.var

Also check the official Apache documentation:
Custom Error Responses - Apache HTTP Server

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Mod_ssl patch for Apache server v2.0.49

Hi there, Please help, anyone know where to download latest Mod_SSL patch for Apache server v2.0.49 . Have tried www.apache.org but there is not latest patch available. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_jeffhang
8 Replies

2. Web Development

Apache:mod_ssl:Error: Private key not found

hi folks, I have Apache 2.2.8 running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga). I have installed a purchased certificate on my server. Upon restarting httpd, I get the following error: # /etc/init.d/httpd start Apache/2.2.8 mod_ssl/2.2.8 (Pass Phrase Dialog) Some of your... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemotech
0 Replies

3. Programming

Unable to use libcurl to access a site requiring client authentication

I’m using the below snipped for setting the certificate and key for client authentication. curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERT,"clientCert.pem"); curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD,"changeit"); curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE,"PEM"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a webservice and pass a client certificate

Hi, I am trying to call a http soap webservice using curl command , I have tried the below option but I am getting a failure . curl -H "Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8" -H SOAPAction:" -d @Request.xml -X POST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sign Soap Message from client certificate from UNIX

I have to call a webservice , I need to pass the static request from Unix which should have message signing details in the soap header . I am using cURL command for this. I do not have java , I need to do it through Unix only . Below is the kind of Soap envelop I want to wrap around my request .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

To download mod_ssl for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 Beta (Tikanga)

Hi, Anyone know how and where to download mod_ssl package into Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 Beta (Tikanga) ? could you also show what's the procedure to apply the mod_ssl into the server and how to apply the digital cert into apache server and so on. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckwan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to install new certificate in HPUX client store?

We have a HPUX server that talks to a web service. We recently updated the web service certificate to a new SHA256 cert that has an updated intermediate cert. The HPUX server is now unable to connect because it cannot validate the cert chain due to it not having the new intermediate CA cert. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmattr
0 Replies

10. Programming

Python- Client and server certificate validation

Hello Team, I have to verify the Client server certificate validation in HTTPS request(SSL hand shake before the actual HTTPS post request), And tried various ways and failed to verify it successfully. here are the trials and errors, resp = requests.post(url, req, verify=True, timeout=5,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana.hs
0 Replies
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3SSL)				      OpenSSL					  SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list, SSL_set_client_CA_list, SSL_CTX_add_client_CA, SSL_add_client_CA - set list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> void SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(SSL_CTX *ctx, STACK_OF(X509_NAME) *list); void SSL_set_client_CA_list(SSL *s, STACK_OF(X509_NAME) *list); int SSL_CTX_add_client_CA(SSL_CTX *ctx, X509 *cacert); int SSL_add_client_CA(SSL *ssl, X509 *cacert); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() sets the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for ctx. SSL_set_client_CA_list() sets the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for the chosen ssl, overriding the setting valid for ssl's SSL_CTX object. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() adds the CA name extracted from cacert to the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for ctx. SSL_add_client_CA() adds the CA name extracted from cacert to the list of CAs sent to the client when requesting a client certificate for the chosen ssl, overriding the setting valid for ssl's SSL_CTX object. NOTES
When a TLS/SSL server requests a client certificate (see SSL_CTX_set_verify_options()), it sends a list of CAs, for which it will accept certificates, to the client. This list must explicitly be set using SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() for ctx and SSL_set_client_CA_list() for the specific ssl. The list specified overrides the previous setting. The CAs listed do not become trusted (list only contains the names, not the complete certificates); use SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(3) to additionally load them for verification. If the list of acceptable CAs is compiled in a file, the SSL_load_client_CA_file(3) function can be used to help importing the necessary data. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() and SSL_add_client_CA() can be used to add additional items the list of client CAs. If no list was specified before using SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() or SSL_set_client_CA_list(), a new client CA list for ctx or ssl (as appropriate) is opened. These functions are only useful for TLS/SSL servers. RETURN VALUES
SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list() and SSL_set_client_CA_list() do not return diagnostic information. SSL_CTX_add_client_CA() and SSL_add_client_CA() have the following return values: 1. The operation succeeded. 0 A failure while manipulating the STACK_OF(X509_NAME) object occurred or the X509_NAME could not be extracted from cacert. Check the error stack to find out the reason. EXAMPLES
Scan all certificates in CAfile and list them as acceptable CAs: SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(ctx,SSL_load_client_CA_file(CAfile)); SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_get_client_CA_list(3), SSL_load_client_CA_file(3), SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(3) 1.0.1e 2014-08-06 SSL_CTX_set_client_CA_list(3SSL)