Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Phone support
Operating Systems AIX Phone support Post 302215282 by zaxxon on Wednesday 16th of July 2008 03:14:53 AM
Old 07-16-2008
Looks like the disk is going to die, if not dead already - best replace it.
The other errors about the "dump directory too small" you can check with
Code:
sysdumpdev -e

what the estimated size of a dump would be. You might want to create a new LV with an apropriate size or just increase the size of the one you have. You can see them when typing
Code:
lsvg -l rootvg| grep sysdump

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Phone dialer?

Dos someone know of a simple phone dialer I can use to paste in a phone number, and dial it? It's a lazy habit I got into using Dos, and Windows. Sonshyne5 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonshyne5
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Phone Dialer?

Is there a phone # dialer for Unix? I'm specifically looking for one in the OS X terminal, but I can run it through my FreeBSD computer too. --Andrew (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewgray
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phone menu

Hello, Is there a way to read in user input inside a Here Document? The last line of the add(draft) file is supposed to redirect the user input to the phonebook file, but it is not doing that. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. So the redirected user input should be appended to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dawg101
1 Replies

4. BSD

help mounting a phone!

hi, im completely new to bsd, but everything seems to work that bit better than under linux distros! im using pc-bsd, and need to get access to my sony ericsson k550i. i have a 2gig m2 card in it, and when the phone is switched off, it acts like a usb storage device apparently! it shows up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fanny Zoddar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting a phone

I have an LG VX9800 (The V), am using Linux Mint, and just downloaded BitPim. The problem: BitPim doesn't detect my phone. Then again, the computer doesn't even do that. I read here (under Reference > USB > Linux USB Setup) about direct USB access, but Linux Mint apparently doesn't use hotplug. Or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zucriy Amsuna
0 Replies
LVMDUMP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							LVMDUMP(8)

NAME
lvmdump - create lvm2 information dumps for diagnostic purposes SYNOPSIS
lvmdump [options] [-d directory] DESCRIPTION
lvmdump is a tool to dump various information concerning LVM2. By default, it creates a tarball suitable for submission along with a prob- lem report. The content of the tarball is as follows: - dmsetup info - table of currently running processes - recent entries from /var/log/messages (containing system messages) - complete lvm configuration and cache - list of device nodes present under /dev - if enabled with -m, metadata dump will be also included - if enabled with -a, debug output of vgscan, pvscan and list of all available volume groups, physical volumes and logical volumes will be included - if enabled with -c, cluster status info OPTIONS
-h -- print help message -a -- advanced collection WARNING: if lvm is already hung, then this script may hang as well if -a is used -m -- gather LVM metadata from the PVs This option generates a 1:1 dump of the metadata area from all PVs visible to the system, which can cause the dump to increase in size considerably. However, the metadata dump may represent a valuable diagnostic resource. -d directory -- dump into a directory instead of tarball By default, lvmdump will produce a single compressed tarball containing all the information. Using this option, it can be instructed to only produce the raw dump tree, rooted in directory. -c -- if clvmd is running, gather cluster data as well ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LVM_BINARY The LVM2 binary to use. Defaults to "lvm". Sometimes you might need to set this to "/sbin/lvm.static", for example. DMSETUP_BINARY The dmsetup binary to use. Defaults to "dmsetup". Red Hat, Inc. LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVMDUMP(8)