Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Error alert keep showing at console Post 302215229 by veer on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 11:47:10 PM
Old 07-16-2008
Yeah and don't forget to restart the syslog daemon like /sbin/init.d/syslogd restart.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Interface not showing : Xview error

Hi I'm having a big trouble running a configuration tool (ftamtool) which uses xview on sunos 5.8, it refuses to start and says: XView error: could not load font 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF... How to force the program to use installed fonts and where are fonts installed available to use ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mailx -s is showing an error

Error is like /users/d12381/check.sh: mail_sysadmin@mycompany: not found Plz help me to sort out this issue (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

3. Solaris

tar -xvf is showing error

Hi, When i am trying to untar a file for installation its showing an error like tar -xvf te_agent__sparc.en_tar.gz tar: directory checksum error Please help me to solve this issue........... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
10 Replies

4. Solaris

fmthard showing error with prtvtoc

Hi all, I am trying to use the disk for mirror where in the mirror disk is of 160 gb and the rootdisk is of 80 gb. when i am trying to write the vtoc i am getting below error i tried the below command #prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 |fmthard -s -/dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s0 and got below ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
26 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

command showing error

Hi, I have an command which find the files modified within last 8 days and then after selecting the files from the location it make the tar format and send it to the specified destination ...now I want that this task to be automative ..that is it should happen after every 5 minutes ...for that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH SAXENA
3 Replies

6. Solaris

X11 errors on Solaris 10 - SL Console not showing up

Hi all, I have been administrating large backup environments for quite some time now, but I have never seen the types of errors I'm getting for a client I have in Asia, so I humbly appeal to your expertise in order to fix things. Set up: StreamLine 8500 library connected to a Solaris... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilibau
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing error

if ; then rm -rf "${x}"_"${y}"_abc_pqr.dat error: `then' unmatchedCan anyone please help me in correcting it. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D_Sethi
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Virtual Terminal (Console) showing non-global zone?

Hope that everyone is doing well today. Happy Friday. I am running an illumos (opensolaris) based system which is like SmartOS, OmniOS, and OpenIndiana I have been searching all over the Internet into various documents and forms that have to do with Solaris, Opensolaris, Illumos, and SmartOS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LonnieTC
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Error in Console and both Error & Output in Log file - UNIX

I am writing a shell script with 2 run time arguments. During the execution if i got any error, then it needs to redirected to a error file and in console. Also both error and output to be redirected to a log file. But i am facing the below error. #! /bin/sh errExit () { errMsg=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
1 Replies
sysmsg(7D)							      Devices								sysmsg(7D)

NAME
sysmsg - system message routing to console devices SYNOPSIS
/dev/sysmsg DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/sysmsg routes output to a variable set of console devices. Writes to /dev/sysmsg are always directed to the system console /dev/console, and are in addition directed to a set of auxiliary console devices managed by consadm(1M). Only root has permission to write to this device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
consadm(1M), syslogd(1M) , attributes(5), console(7D) SunOS 5.10 13 Oct 1998 sysmsg(7D)