Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PCI slot info on V480/V490
Operating Systems Solaris PCI slot info on V480/V490 Post 302215225 by vasu2020 on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 11:30:26 PM
Old 07-16-2008
PCI slot info on V480/V490

Hi,

How can I know slot wise info on a sun v480 box. I want to have the details like which slot has which card (slot 1- HBA, slot 2 - quad NIC) ..
I know that sysdef, prtconf or prtdiag outputs will help to get this. But I dont know how to conclude from those outputs. Can anybody help me to read those outputs and decide. Or is there any other way to do this.

Thanks & Regards,
Vasu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

device - > slot

Hi all.. I have a Sun Ultra 450 with a lot of drives and scsi controllers installed and i have one bad internal disk.. How can "map" ex /dev/dsk/c3t2d0s0 to a slot in the internal cabinet? Any good ideas? I dont want to remove the wrong disk :) thanks in advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s93366
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad pci slot?

Hi, im having a problem installing my pci wireless card. Im using knoppix, but my problem is with the mobo i think. im using an older laptop, toshiba satellite 2540 and when i plug in the card i get lights on sometimes. this means its getting power right. so then to install the card into the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestra
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

V480 w/ Solaris 9 boot problem

Our V480 w/ Solaris 9 would not boot properly. After recreating the LUNs on our StorEdge A1000, and then performing a reboot, the machine just keep cycling through the boot process. No error messages, it keeps trying to reboot over and over again. Any ideas? We managed to do a stop+a and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Telnet issue E5500/V480

Our old E5500 was just turned off (planned :rolleyes: ) and the application was moved to a V480. Now if I login to the V480 and try to sudo to root my connection hangs, and I can not telnet to the E5500 after it was powered on again. I get "connection refused". Telnet to this machine was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Wipe a Sunfire V480

Hi Guys I'm new here in these forums and also in Sun Solaris/Sun hardware related things. I have some really basic questions about the way to go for "wipe" a Sun Solaris system. I have to sell a used Sunfire v480 and I wan't to wipe the old sytem before selling it. But I'm not sure if I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slowatsch
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 on v480 & v490

Hello, Can any kind soul please answer this? I want to boot a SunFire v490 with a dvd image we use to boot v480's. Is this possible? Are there caveats to doing this? Thanks muchly, mgb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Q:x4270_m2 reconfigure PCI card to slot 5?

Hello all, I have a problem with my x4270_m2 server. I have a GBE lan built into the back of my server and I have a QGE pci card in slot 2 to be used as a redundant. My server is not picking up the QGE lan card in slot2. From investigation of the /etc/path_to_inst, which shows: #grep e1000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to register ISR for PCI slot???

how to register callback function in unix?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: powyama
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to register ISR for PCI slot???

:wall::wall::wall:how to register ISR for PCI slot using callback registery (in c programing) i am using fedora 10 os.:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: powyama
0 Replies