Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: split whitespace help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting split whitespace help Post 302215097 by theninja on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 01:43:45 PM
Old 07-15-2008
Thanks for the replies,

I was able to get it to work with the following...

Code:
open OUTER_HANDLE,"userids" or die "$!:$?";
while (<OUTER_HANDLE>) {
        @userData = split;
                  $arraySize = @userData;
                  #print "DEBUG: Array size [$arraySize]\n";
                  if ( $arraySize == 2 ) {
                        # print "DEBUG: Start... Number is [$userData[1]]\n";
                        if ( ($userData[1] !~ /^N/) ) {
               #print "DEBUG: userData[0] : [$userData[0]]\n";
               #print "DEBUG: userData[1] : [$userData[1]]\n";
                ripItOut( $userData[0], $userData[1] );
                                }
        }
}

close OUTER_HANDLE;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trim whitespace?

I'm trying to find a command that will trim the white space off a string. e.g. $str = " stuf " $str = trim ( $str ) echo $str // ouput would just be stuf Thanks, Mark (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msteudel
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete whitespace

Hi, I have been trying to remove whitespace from a file using sed. Here is an example of what im trying to do: www1 = www1 www2 = www2 www3 = www3 and all the way to 300 and i want it to look like: www1=www1 www2-www2 www3=www3 again upto 300 Any help... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: truck7758
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whitespace Issues

Hello forums! I've been tinkering with a shell script to partition and restore content to a drive based on a type of file in a given directory. My goal is for my script to assemble several restore images, partition the drive based on the images and to then restore those images to the partitions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkasowan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove whitespace

I combined 2 files using the paste command. It gave me something like this: 123445 ,AABBNN 22344 ,BBVVMM I want to remove the whitespace between the end of string 1 and the comma (there is more blank space than my post is showing). Would I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

whitespace problem

I have a single string as below: Rat run after Cat i.e. there is a single whitespace after Cat. This causes my file to fail. Is there a way I can remove any whitespace at the end of any string. I tried sed 's/ *//g', but it removes all white space and the above string becomes... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match (whitespace digits whitespace) sequence?

Hi Following is an example line. echo "192.22.22.22 \"33dffwef\" 200 300 dsdsd" | sed "s:\(\ *\ \):\1:" I want it's output to be 200 However this is not the case. Can you tell me how to do it? I don't want to use AWK for this. Secondly, how can i fetch just 300? Should I use "\2"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahanali
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding whitespace

Hi guys, I am working with large data sets and often times realize that not all of the columns are aligned correctly (sometimes rows will be shifted). So when I try to do something like: awk '{ if ($2 > 30 && $5 == $3){print}}' file > output it won't really work since some of the rows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate by more than whitespace.

This is my file .........hostname.............this is hostname .........alias...................alias name Remark use dot(.) instead of whitespace B'cuz this forum not allow to use more whitespace. --------------------------------------- I sperate by whitespace not work. awk 'BEGIN {FS=" "}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberking
4 Replies
ici::doc::pod3::sdrtable(3)				       ICI library functions				       ici::doc::pod3::sdrtable(3)

NAME
sdrtable - Simple Data Recorder table management functions SYNOPSIS
#include "sdr.h" Object sdr_table_create (Sdr sdr, int rowSize, int rowCount); int sdr_table_user_data_set (Sdr sdr, Object table, Address userData); Address sdr_table_user_data (Sdr sdr, Object table); int sdr_table_dimensions (Sdr sdr, Object table, int *rowSize, int *rowCount); int sdr_table_stage (Sdr sdr, Object table); Address sdr_table_row (Sdr sdr, Object table, unsigned int rowNbr); int sdr_table_destroy (Sdr sdr, Object table); DESCRIPTION
The SDR table functions manage table objects in the SDR. An SDR table comprises N rows of M bytes each, plus optionally one word of user data (which is nominally the address of some other object in the SDR's heap space). When a table is created, the number of rows in the table and the length of each row are specified; they remain fixed for the life of the table. The table functions merely maintain information about the table structure and its location in the SDR and calculate row addresses; other SDR functions such as sdr_read() and sdr_write() are used to read and write the contents of the table's rows. In particular, the format of the rows of a table is left entirely up to the user. Object sdr_table_create(Sdr sdr, int rowSize, int rowCount) Creates a "self-delimited table", comprising rowCount rows of rowSize bytes each, in the heap space of the indicated SDR. Note that the content of the table, a two-dimensional array, is a single SDR heap space object of size (rowCount x rowSize). Returns the address of the new table on success, zero on any error. void sdr_table_user_data_set(Sdr sdr, Object table, Address userData) Sets the "user data" word of table to userData. Note that userData is nominally an Address but can in fact be any value that occupies a single word. It is typically used to point to an SDR object that somehow characterizes the table as a whole, such as an SDR string containing a name. Address sdr_table_user_data(Sdr sdr, Object table) Returns the value of the "user data" word of table, or zero on any error. void sdr_table_dimensions(Sdr sdr, Object table, int *rowSize, int *rowCount) Reports on the row size and row count of the indicated table, as specified when the table was created. void sdr_table_stage(Sdr sdr, Object table) Stages table so that the array it encapsulates may be updated; see the discussion of sdr_stage() in sdr(3). The effect of this function is the same as: sdr_stage(sdr, NULL, (Object) sdr_table_row(sdr, table, 0), 0) Address sdr_table_row(Sdr sdr, Object table, unsigned int rowNbr) Returns the address of the rowNbrth row of table, for use in reading or writing the content of this row; returns -1 on any error. void sdr_table_destroy(Sdr sdr, Object table) Destroys table, releasing all bytes of all rows and destroying the table structure itself. DO NOT use sdr_free() to destroy a table, as this would leave the table's content allocated yet unreferenced. SEE ALSO
sdr(3), sdrlist(3), sdrstring(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 ici::doc::pod3::sdrtable(3)