Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo or su logging
Operating Systems HP-UX sudo or su logging Post 302215052 by vbe on Tuesday 15th of July 2008 12:07:50 PM
Old 07-15-2008
I to solve a similar request have added in /etc/profile:
LOG='who am i -R'
ME=$LOGNAME
(date;echo $ME;$LOG)|xargs >>/var/adm/logged_in

Then its just a question of looking at last, lastb syslog.log sudo.log sulog etc.. and logged_in to try to guess who is who at a given time

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging all commands after a sudo su-

Hi there, It might seem tricky, I confess. We use sudo to allow people to initiate priviledged commands (but not all commands) on our Unix systems. To by pass this, some people initiate the sudo su - command ; The main issue is to 'know' what those people do when they gain root access.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxmtl
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo logging + NFS hang?

Hi all, I have two problems, My system is SunOS 5.9: 1- I have installed sudo but I have a problem logging user activities on other hosts, the way I installed it is that I installed sudo and the sudoers file in a shared directory on a NFS server which is mounted by all computers on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neked
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

4. AIX

sudo log and sudo auditing

Sudo In AIX, how to find out what commands have been run after a user sudo to another user? for example, user sam run 'sudo -u robert ksh' then run some commands, how can I (as root) find what commands have been run? sudo.log only contains sudo event, no activity logging. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change io logging directory sudo 1.7.4p6

There was an update in sudo 1.7.5 : -The I/O log directory may now be specified in the sudoers file. I am stuck using sudo 1.7.4p6. Because it is supported by HP on thier HP-UX builds. Is there a process to change this directory in sudo 1.7.4p6? currently sudo 1.7.4p6's default is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trimike
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi All, I running a unix command using sudo option inside shell script. Its working well. But in crontab the same command is not working and its throwing "sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo". I do not have root permission to add or change settings for my userid. I can not even ask... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apple1221
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Hi, Have a need to run the below command as a "karuser" from a java class which will is running as "root" user. When we are trying to run the below command from java code getting the below error. Command: sudo -u karuser -s /bin/bash /bank/karunix/bin/build_cycles.sh Error: sudo: sorry,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudo logging need year details also

Hi All I have a requirement in which during sudo logging, I must get the year details also in sudo log file. As below output is not mentioning the year due to this I will not able to idenfiy that this log belong to 2012 or 2011 or 2010 Dec 12 11:30:21 XYZ sudo: user1 : TTY=pts/5 ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
4 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual					    PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)

NAME
pam_timestamp_check - Check to see if the default timestamp is valid SYNOPSIS
pam_timestamp_check [-k] [-d] [target_user] DESCRIPTION
With no arguments pam_timestamp_check will check to see if the default timestamp is valid, or optionally remove it. OPTIONS
-k Instead of checking the validity of a timestamp, remove it. This is analogous to sudo's -k option. -d Instead of returning validity using an exit status, loop indefinitely, polling regularly and printing the status on standard output. target_user By default pam_timestamp_check checks or removes timestamps generated by pam_timestamp when the user authenticates as herself. When the user authenticates as a different user, the name of the timestamp file changes to accommodate this. target_user allows to specify this user name. RETURN VALUES
0 The timestamp is valid. 2 The binary is not setuid root. 3 Invalid invocation. 4 User is unknown. 5 Permissions error. 6 Invalid controlling tty. 7 Timestamp is not valid. NOTES
Users can get confused when they are not always asked for passwords when running a given program. Some users reflexively begin typing information before noticing that it is not being asked for. EXAMPLES
auth sufficient pam_timestamp.so verbose auth required pam_unix.so session required pam_unix.so session optional pam_timestamp.so FILES
/var/run/sudo/... timestamp files and directories SEE ALSO
pam_timestamp_check(8), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_tally was written by Nalin Dahyabhai. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)